New workflow automation solution is available

Thanks Phil… I appreciate your response, and the limitations of Asana you have to work inside.

It seems that either Asana isn’t the right fit for my purposes, or I need to re-design my typical flow model to be completely lineal… which will be restrictive.

Is anybody with Asana watching this topic and care to weigh in on possible road map for enhancing Asana’s Timeline.

Thanks.

Phil, it’s very timely to hear that this project is now available. I consider this functionality critical to our organization’s decision to use Asana. (We plan an annual community festival, so I need to use the same projects year after year).
However, we’re already struggling to justify the cost of Asana for our community organization. Would you consider non-profit pricing arrangements?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Brenna,

The automated billing system isn’t currently set up to handle multiple pricing levels but let me send you a Private Message and we can discuss further.

1 Like

Hi Phil…I’m also glad to hear about Flowsana and I’m the executive director for a small non-profit that could use a price break, if available.

Thanks…
Steve

1 Like

PS…does smartsheet provide this feature, Phil?

Hi @Steve_Moorhead,

I’ve sent you a Private Message re. your price question.

Regarding Smartsheet, while the implementation is a bit different, it does have essentially the equivalent of the Flowsana Auto-Adjust and Dynamic Duration Workflow functionality. It does not have the If-Then Rule capabilities that Flowsana includes.

Hey Phil, is Flowsana free after 30 days?

No… I’m hoping it will provide enough revenue that I can pay its expenses and provide such that I can continue developing and enhancing it - I have many ideas for cool automation capabilities!

The cost is $2.99/month (USD) per billable user, where billable users are the number of Asana users in your organizations/workspaces which have Flowsana workflows in place. Like Asana, there is no charge for guest members.

2 Likes

Hey @Phil_Seeman,

What a cool add-on. I’ve found wishing for this from my days with BaseCamp years ago!

I am wondering if Flowsana can also help me with another problem as well…
We want to automatically multiple subtasks.

My example is:
We need to automatically create a new task when someone books in a sales call.
Then we need 3-4 sub tasks created so that we are prepared for that sales call.

We currently use Zapier & Google Sheets to create the new task, but I’m stuck when creating multiple subtasks.

I’ve read your thread, and you seem to understand the user issues really well, so I’m throwing this out to you in case you know of a solution :slight_smile:

Hi @eClaire_Sowden and welcome to the forum!

Ah yes, what you’re asking for is essentially what I’m calling “task templates” - the ability to define a set of tasks and/or subtasks and then add the set as the result of a rule “IF” condition occurring.

It’s on the road map to add to Flowsana - I can’t promise when, but it’s definitely something people want!

2 Likes

+1 on your question already answer by @Phil_Seeman. This is something I’ve always desire since day one in asana for many years. Create a task that meets certain conditions and then create new tasks as a result. We managed something with zappier and a custom webhook to create our own engine a year ago but it required coding and we dont have all the resources to dedicate developers for that!

Count on us as clients ones this is available :slight_smile:

cheers
Guillermo

2 Likes