New to Asana and Needing Help with Automation

I am new to Asana and wanted to reach out to the Community here in hopes that someone who knows the platform better can assist me. Here are a few problems I am experiencing, and any feedback or resolutions would be appreciated.

First, I signed up for Flowsana and trying to do automation for tasks with my team. For instance, one of the automation rules we would like to create is something like the following:

If a person is assigned to a task or assigns themselves to a task, it automatically moves from one section to another and changes tags from one to another.

For some reason, we do not see a trigger that allows us to choose the first part of this rule, “If anyone assigns themself or someone else to the task.” We see where you can choose a specific person, but there is no option to choose “anyone” if that makes sense.

Secondly, if I’m the main owner of the account and I invite someone in that has different domains on email (i.e. gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc.) is there a charge to have them on a project? Or is it just individuals I bring into the project with the same domain as me?

I hope to hear back from someone on these issues.

Welcome, @JeremyH,

For your first question, I think you should email support@flowsana.net (/cc @Phil_Seeman).

For your second question, you’re correct; there’s no charge for those joining your Asana org with an email domain different than your org’s domain. They’re called “Guests” (as opposed to “Members”) and have basic functionality and only such access rights that you grant them.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Larry,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding my questions. I am very new to the platform, and I have been in contact with support, but it’s a slow-moving process. What is the best way to email, Phil Seeman? This is my first time using the forum, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on how to operate it properly. I do appreciate your help and insights!

Thanks,
Jeremy

1 Like

@JeremyH,

Click this: @Phil_Seeman and a box will popup. If it has a “Message” button click it to DM him here in the forum. But as a new user that feature may not yet be enabled for you in which case mail support@flowsana.net and Phil will see it there.

Larry

1 Like

Larry,

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. I do not see the option to send Phil Seeman a DM. I will shoot him an email and hopefully he will be able to assist. Many thanks for your help!

Jeremy

1 Like