New, improved Microsoft Teams integration!

Hi all,

Today we’re excited to unveil our brand new integration with Microsoft Teams! :tada:

With remote work becoming more and more popular around the world, staying connected and organized has never been so important. In addition to tools already available (Asana for outlook, Microsoft OneDrive, Power Automate), we’re excited to announce a more powerful and robust Microsoft Teams integration.

With this new integration, you can:

• Translate Teams conversations into action items in Asana, so you never lose track of an idea.
  • See Asana tasks, projects, Portfolios, and status updates within Teams.
  • Bring your important work directly into your conversations, and keep collaborators in Teams updated about important progress happening in Asana.
  • Search for Asana tasks within Teams.
  • Share context from Asana with your stakeholders, directly in Teams.
  • Set custom notifications related to your Asana projects in the Teams channel of your choosing, and receive important notifications in your own My Tasks privately.
  • Tailor your notification preferences so that you follow all the relevant information you need in Asana, without leaving Teams.

If you haven’t yet, check out this article, freshly posted on our blog, and have a look at Microsoft Teams + Asana • Asana to learn more about what you can do with this new integration. Our guide article has also been updated, but if you have any questions, feel free to post them below, we’ll be more than happy to help! We also look forward to hearing your feedback, so let us know what you think in the comments below this post!

Happy Thursday!

17 Likes

Absolutely loving the new integration! I think the only thing that will make it better is to be able to search by person vs. task. But otherwise, I’m so excited to use this more!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Jessica_S! We’re glad you like our new Microsoft Teams integration :tada: Feel free to create a new feature request in our #productfeedback category so other users can upvote for this request!

Love this! Would love to have this feature available on the iOS app. and it would be super helpful if documents sent on teams can be attached to the new task as a lot of my actionable tasks that come out of teams usually involve reviewing a document.

1 Like

I have my Microsoft Teams theme set to “Dark” and it makes it impossible to read the descriptions of tasks when they load in Teams…

Hello! I’m wondering if you can point me to an article or contact where I can reach out about getting this integration set up. When I search for Asana in the “apps” section of Microsoft Teams, nothing appears. I’ve attached a screenshot of the results (aka nothing).

Hey @Jake_Frasier, sorry to see you’re having issues with this. Here’s the article that details installing: Microsoft Teams + Asana • Asana

I also found this thread where someone was searching for Asana and it wasn’t showing up for them with the exact same screenshot: Redirecting

If the issue persists and everything’s enabled, reach out to our support team following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

Is anyone else having this issue?

It doesn’t seem to load anything and I’ve double checked that my connection to Asana app is active.

1 Like

Anyone else? I still can’t use this app no matter what I try.

Hi @Ben_Brenner, sorry for the late follow-up here!

Can you please confirm if you experience this issue after you deauthorize and install again the Asana for Microsoft Teams integration? You can click your profile picture and them My Profile Settings to access your Apps tab:

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

@Emily_Roman I deauthorized, removed Asana from Teams (uninstalled) and quit/relaunched Teams. I went back and added Asana app in Teams and it instantly loaded up some previous chat threads in the feed - without prompting me to log back in and authorize.

I am still getting the errors:

Thanks for confirming this information and sending screenshots @Ben_Brenner! I’ve escalated this issue to our development team. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update!

It is simply amazing and the need of hour for real!
Glad to know that it has been implemented and functional.
Can’t wait to make use of this combo!
Thanks to the whole team Asana.
Love and support from Pakistan!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind feedback @Asad, we’ll make sure to pass it on to the Team.

Since this update is now fully rolled out, I’m closing this announcement. If you have questions, please log them in integrations and if you have any feedback, you can create a thread in #productfeedback :slight_smile:

1 Like