New Homepage šŸŽ‰

No worries @Frank_wu, it might take a few days! Sit tight, it wonā€™t be long until you see it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks , Marie , let us see what will happen . have a nice weekend .@Marie :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I would agree with many of the others who said that this falls short of what the homepage could have been. I find it redundant, since it is a reflection of the favorites on the side bar. Iā€™d rather you eliminate the favs and just keep the most recents. I hope you will develop this a bit more, overall.

3 Likes

Why woud i want this ?!?

3 Likes

@Marie Iā€™ve been using Asana since the early days and I keep getting access to all the new features in my older Workspaces & Organizations but not with my more recent ones. Is this working as intended or should they be enabled for my account across all workspaces & organizations?

1 Like

Hi @Hans_Rippel :wave:t3: We usually roll out new features and updates by domain (Workspace/Organization) as opposed to accounts, which explains why youā€™re not getting new features in all your spaces at the same time. It usually takes us a couple of weeks to fully roll out a new feature, so if you donā€™t have access to the New Homepage with all your spaces yet, you should very soon!

Ever thought about scalability and large screens? This is what my homepage looks like on my 27" 2560x1440 screen:

vast emptynessā€¦

Iā€™d like to be able to add more columns, rows, add widgets to my liking (inbox, calendar, dashboards), expand/collapse if needed etc. etc.

o and putting in a project image would be nice in the tiles view:

hard to distinguish just by textā€¦

It would seem the homepage needs a bit more thought. First question: why? Then is it really necessary now? And what features do people actually need (user-feedback-based) instead of just a list of recent projects that you can access yourself if you work GTD or task-based (which most people would do with ā€˜My tasksā€™.

7 Likes

I agree with some of the comments.

I donā€™t find the homepage necessaryā€¦ I miss entering directly in My Tasks pane (now I have to click to focus on my tasks). I think the usability was better beforeā€¦

4 Likes

Hi. I created a new account today. I canā€™t find the ā€œHomeā€ button on the top, left corner of the screen.

Just below the asana logo, I have My Tasks, Inbox, and Dashboard. I used to have Home, My Tasks, Inbox, and Dashboard.

When I had the Home button, it would show all my projects inside tiles on the screen. Now, because I donā€™t have the Home button anymore, I canā€™t go back to that screen.

How can I go back to showing the Home button on the screen?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi , Jose , I think lorne_Guse is right . I also can not find it .

I believe what he is looking for is this

2018-09-26_22-46-39

I only seem to have this button on one of my organizations. Itā€™s missing in my personal tasks and a second workspace.

2 Likes

Hi @Lorne_Guse and @Jose_Dias :wave:t3: Weā€™re still in the process of rolling out the ā€œHomeā€ feature, so if you donā€™t have access to it just yet, you should very soon! Merging this thread with New Homepage šŸŽ‰ :slight_smile:

Awesome! I love this, lets me navigate quickly to the projects I need to access when I first load Asana in the morning or return to my computer from a break. Here are a few things that would make Homepage more helpful for our team (not complaints, just ideas):

For the quickest visual recognition in tile view, it would be incredibly helpful to load custom logos for each projectā€™s tile (so that, for example, each clientā€™s logo could represent them in tile view). While that may seem fluffy, it would be really helpful to quickly differentiate internal from client-facing projects, and to quickly identify and click on a specific project. Another alternative that may be easier to implement is to allow us to customize the tile color with any hex color instead of just the default 16 built-in colors. That would allow us to choose the clientā€™s dominant brand color and get close to accomplishing the same visual improvement.

4 Likes

Agreed, Iā€™m confused why this was pushed to the top of the asanaā€™s feature list. Itā€™s not useful and very similar to the dashboard (also useless). I wish asana would focus on making there existing features fully functional - dependencies do nothing to timeline and the timeline doesnā€™t adjust dynamically.

4 Likes

I agree that being able to set your own default Asana view would be a valuable feature, and it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s in Product Feedback, if someone wants to add it.

In the mean time, donā€™t forget about the shortcut Tab-Z to get to My Tasks quickly.

4 Likes

Well said

That would be greatly appreciated.

Frank, there was a limited rollout for this update. You may not have it turned on yet.

1 Like

You donā€™t have it available for your account yet. Thereā€™s a limited rollout on this, I hope for testing purposes.

Please remove the updated homepage. The few seconds it takes to ignore this adds up. Consider the few seconds itā€™s taking everyone to ignore itā€¦it adds up.

***Please also give us a few more tags to use in order to find postings later if thatā€™s not a big deal to do. It would be greatly appreciated.