New colors coming to Asana!

do not like. please change back

7 Likes

Really don’t like these colours, they’re so muted. It’s a lot harder to tell the portfolios apart now. It would be good if we just had the choice of the bright colours or the pastel, rather than the change being made for us.

6 Likes

Hi, the color change is too much for me to adapt to. I wish there were an option to keep the things as they were.

3 Likes

Very strongly dislike the color change, very hard to distinguish from one another. I have had a lot of feedback from the team that it is hard to look at and makes them feel like there is something wrong with their eyes.

6 Likes

Really not a fan of the new color change. There was already a colorblind friendly mode so why make this change?

6 Likes

I do not particularly like the new color scheme, it is dull. I wish there was an option to choose the color palette that you want.

2 Likes

My team is also struggling with the new color palette. The new options are challenging to distinguish from one another within the application, making the overall usefulness of the colors as coding system way less powerful.

4 Likes

My team and I are dreading this new change. We need the vibrant colors back as it affects overall user experience. Please!

3 Likes

Just refreshed the app and thought something was wrong at first. Tried troubleshooting as there was no prior indication that there would be new colors rolling out. Thankfully, I found this thread and I have to agree that I don’t like the change. Granted, I like some of the new colors individually, but they don’t work well for me as a whole. I work almost exclusively from the “My Tasks” view in dark mode, and this change has me squinting at my screen, like there’s a weird filter over everything making it hard to read. I’d really love the option to add these colors to the choices rather than replace the old stuff. I wouldn’t mind using mostly the old colors but replacing a couple of those with a couple of these new ones.

4 Likes

We need to get all of our teammates to voice their feedback here about the new colors. Asana has already launched Ads with the new color theme and I am afraid it’s going to be here to stay if we don’t all make our voices heard. This new dull color palette needs to be an option and not standard for all.

1 Like

It feels like an accessibility/usability review got skipped on this. A yellow tag on an orange project now looks virtually indistinguishable, and I have no vision issues.

7 Likes

Please give us the option! I have the hardest time looking at the screen that I don’t want to even keep the tab open, let alone use the software. It makes me feel sad about my work whereas the other colors gave a sense of importance and liveliness.

I am very disappointed about the color change. It feels like something is wrong with my screen when I look at it. I may have to go back to using Trello more if there isn’t a way to change it back.

9 Likes

I also prefer the brighter colors since they are more recognizable at a quick glance. However, I know that there were also a lot of people who were upset a year ago when it was switched to the brighter colors. To make everyone happy, it seems like the solution is to offer both options or allow for custom colors.

For those unhappy with the recent color change, go to My Settings > Display and check the box for “Enable color blind friendly mode”. This makes them a little brighter although still not the same as what they were.

4 Likes

Please give us the option to switch back! As a designer, I need to be able to have more options and organize projects. This has totally thrown me off and I can hardly look at the app. The colors are very confusing and don’t align with how I originally laid out my tasks. I want to be happy when project managing and the old colors were bright and addictive to use for this.

6 Likes

I am actually having trouble focusing on these colors - it’s like there is a transparency over my calendar now. Personally, I am a vibrant color person. I like the strong contrasts between tasks. I want to see ‘red’ if a task is on the critical path for instance, not a light hue of pinkish! As others have mentioned, there should be a full color palette (all hex codes) where users can customize how their own calendars look and work for them. Just my two cents, but really not liking this new limited palette at all!

8 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We’re reviewing all of the feedback we’ve received - here and through other channels - and balancing all opinions. We will be continuing with this change, while also considering suggestions for potential future changes.

Please note that to ensure a consistent user experience, we’re not providing an option to revert back to the previous colors.

Thank you again for your feedback.

1 Like

I also thought something was wrong initially when logging in, like a CSS filter had been applied to the interface that muted the colors. After finding this thread, I agree with the vast majority that the less vibrant colors make it difficult to distinguish the different tasks at a glance. What used to be an obvious bright green and bright blue are now muted so that they look somewhat similar unless you see them side-by-side, making users have to open the task to be sure.

It would be great to see something like code editors offer (Slack does this as well) where you can at the very least select from different themes with different levels of vibrance for different preferences.

For instance, VSCode:

8 Likes

So in other words the feedback is not being considered?

This is more than just a question of taste or opinions is a usability issue and a major one at that.

I think needs to rectified ASAP. I’m currently using the color blind setting because of this poorly thought out choice.

26 Likes

I was pretty shocked by the change, we are a very visual company - architecture and design - and we use colours in ASANA to color-code the process and the various stages of the projects. The new palette is quite underwhelming, not that engaging to use and the colors don’t stand apart that easily.
Is there any chance to opt for the older palette?
Thank you, Veronica

9 Likes

C’mon out all of the things that could be done, this what was prioritized? Please let users choose their own colours. We match colours for projects across every platform, you deciding for us - doesn’t make a lot of sense.

13 Likes