Name in board differnt from name in sections

Dear Asana

When I have a list that has tasks and sections with names. Then the headings in the “board” will be called the same as the headings in the sections.

But I want to use the board for a process from to do, done and done.

Then you can have different names on the columns in the board than the names in the sections in the list.

in advance thank you

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @anon2688934 and thank you for reaching out! :slight_smile:

That is correct. Sections in List view of the project are equivalent to the Columns (headings) in Board View and as it stands, it is not possible to have different names and behaviours for List and Board.

There is an existing thread in the #productfeedback category that I believe matches with what you are requesting: Create a different structure for board view and list view - #3. If yes, please let me know and I’ll merge your post with this main thread.

You can also add your vote by clicking on the “Vote” button next to the thread’s title.

Looking forward to your reply!

This is just implemented plain stupid in Asana. To think that a Kanban column header would function the same as a section in the list view. Where in Kanban primary target is the process 'to do / in progress / done, the list view is just what it is: a list of different categories where each section is a category, and not a kanban column header. Now you can’t use a list-view and kanban view at the same time