My Tasks tasks not displaying and due date rules aren't firing properly

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Some tasks in My Tasks are not displaying in the MacOS desktop app, and due-date-approaching rules in My Tasks are not firing.

Steps to reproduce: When I view My Tasks on the desktop app, tasks in sections beyond the first few sections are not displaying immediately. It can take minutes for them to appear. Refreshing the app doesn’t seem to make a difference. Rules triggered by “due date approaching” aren’t firing, so I need to advance tasks manually.

Browser version: Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (arm64), but tasks in My Tasks seem to appear more quickly in the browser version.

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi there @Doug_Lester! :wave: Thanks for your post.

Please note that this is a known issue and has been escalated to our Development team. They are currently investigating the bug in question and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

I went ahead and added your report to this escalation and assure you that I’ll be in touch as soon as I hear back from the Development team.

2 Likes

@Ainhoa_Rico (and @Vanessa_N and @Forum-team for completeness),

Is the task auto-promotion part of this bug report part of the escalation? (I just want to clarify because this bug report cites two different problems.)

I’m asking because my “due date approaching” My Tasks rules intermittently failed (some tasks promoted as they should, some not) in the preceding 2-3 days, and early this morning, all qualifying tasks for today failed to auto-promote completely.

My rules are of the form:

• Triggers (and’ed together ): Due date is approaching, and in Section
  • Action: Move to section [Y]

The rules are all unchanged for months and show no red errors and all remain active.

I can also confirm that the same behavior happened to @Bastien_Siebman some weeks ago and maybe continued, and happened to @Arthur_BEGOU this morning as well.

Hoping for a fix soon because, as a consequence, I haven’t eaten, bathed, said I love my wife, or teased @Phil_Seeman for three days! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

:joy:
I sure hope that order of listing represents the priority order of those tasks (except for maybe the wife one which should probably come before any of the others).

4 Likes

Correct @lpb, the report @Ainhoa_Rico referred to is about tasks not auto-promoting when “due date is approaching”. We have received many other reports and our team is looking into it. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update.

This made my day :joy:

2 Likes

It failed again yesterday and today, several reports in the Slack community as well.

Same here. While rules seem to be working properly now, I’m still having a problem getting all of the tasks in My Tasks to load. This is true for both the Mac OS desktop app and on the web.

@Marie any news? did they find a bug?

There was a couple of different issues, which should have all been solved at this stage :slight_smile:

I’m moving this thread to Closed , but please let us know if you continue running into trouble!

1 Like

This is still happening for me, at least once a day…

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, sorry to hear that the issue persists. I can certainly reopen the escalation. To clarify, is the issue still intermittent or no tasks are being auto-promoted at all?

Very intermittent, something like 1% of tasks are affected.

Would you be able to message me with the URL link of a task where the rule should have triggered? This would help us investigate the problem since intermittent issues are trickier to replicate. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ll wait for the next one and send it to you, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.