Multiple tabs in Desktop app

Multiple tabs in the desktop app is currently in process as an A/B test. As a result, you may or may not get it in any given instance of the desktop app. You might have it at home but not work, or on one PC but not another, etc. It’s not related to location or operating system or anything other than random chance (i.e. if you’re in the 50% who get it during the test period!).

2 Likes

Where can I give feedback on the multiple tabs in the dekstop app?

Because I like to work with Asana on multiple 2 or 3 screens and it seems unpossible with the Asana dekstop-app with mutiple tabs.

Does the A/B test put opening in new tabs versus opening in new windows then, and that’s an either/or kind of thing?

Haven’t been so lucky yet to see the tabs in action. But i sure look forward to giving it a go. :smiley:

I got it, and I LOVE it! Our staff is very jealous that I have this feature and would love to have it rolled out for the rest of our people. Amazing work!

2 Likes

You can start a new topic in this Product Feedback forum section.

Hello all! I’m glad to share we’re currently running an A/B test allowing Asana users to open multiple tabs in the Desktop app :slight_smile:

A few things to note:

• What’s the maximum number of tab I can open at once?: You can have up to 20 tabs open at once, at which point the “New tab” option will be disabled.
  • Can I manually resize my tabs?: No you can’t, but Asana will automatically resize all your tabs to accommodate for new tabs.
  • Can I re-organise my tabs?: Yes you can using drag and drop!
  • Can I sort or group tabs?: Not at this time.
  • Do you have new shortcuts: Yes (they were stolen from Chrome :slight_smile: )
Action Shortcut
New Window CMD + n (already exists)
New Tab CMD + t
Close Tab CMD + w
Close Window CMD + Shift + w
Reopen closed tab CMD + Shift + t
Next Tab * CMD + Option + Right arrow* Control + Tab
Prev Tab CMD + Option + Left arrow
Move tab right Ctrl + Shift + PgUp
Move tab left Ctrl + Shift + PgDn
Minimize the window CMD + m
Hide Asana CMD + h
Quit Asana CMD + q

This test will run through the end of November, stay tuned for updates!

12 Likes

@Richard_Sather for your Limit post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello folks,

i’m delighted to share this A/B test will launch to all users in the next week or so :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It looks like this may have shipped based on Multiple tabs in Desktop app - #69. Is that true? It doesn’t seem to be usable on my Mac. Really want this.

4 Likes

This is still an A/B test in progress.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Quick update here to confirm that this feature is still in A/B test. I’ll post an update here once I know more!

5 Likes

I’m an admin on my team and most of my team has this feature. They’ve all said it’s a game changer for them. I’d really like to have access to the feature where I manage the team and most of them are using the feature. @Marie

3 Likes

I was just issued a new PC at work, had to redownload Asana and it looks like I lost the feature :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Aiello1 and all! We plan to ship this feature to all Asana customers, our team just need a little more time to fix one or two things before they can roll it out to everyone!

3 Likes

Hi @Marie. I had this feature after getting the desktop app this fall. My organization had to make some updates on my computer, and it’s now disappeared! This was a total gamechanger in how I used Asana, and without it I’m really struggling. Any way to get me back on the right side of the test, or to roll this out ASAP?

If you are using mac, its possible. Just click with right button on icon os asana in dock, and from context menu you should choose “new window”

1 Like

I also really love this feature but I have some team members (including our Director) who do not have tabs. Is there an estimate of when it will be available to all?

Hello @Sarah-M, I don’t have an exact date yet, but it should become available to all users in the next few weeks. I’ll post an update here as soon as I have one!

3 Likes