Moving 1 project to a new team previous posts are not helping

I am trying to move a project from one team to another. I go to Edit project detail, select a team (if not present, it appears when I type in the name of the new team desired). This project does not move to the new team. If the list of teams is present in the dropdown list, it will move to the new team. When it works correctly, I get this message “You’ve updated the team that owns this project, which may change how people find it. Sharing permissions have not changed, but you can manage access for teams and members in the sharing controls.” When it doesn’t work, I don’t get that message. Please help!!

@Becky_Czarnik Welcome to the community.
Will it be possible to share a screenshot of the messages or steps. You can blur out any personal info.

Hey Becky, as Paul alluded to, it would be great if you could share some screenshots or even a loom recording of the steps you’re taking. :nerd_face:

But I work for an integration platform called Unito, and I think you could use it to move those “unwilling to move” projects between teams.

If you create a new empty project for that team, you can use our platform to link it to the existing project and sync all your tasks over; there would be a setup process, but it’s rather intuitive if both projects share the same fields and whatnot.

Was there a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

Unfortunately not.
Becky

We also have this issue, started a couple weeks ago.

1. Edit a project and select a new team and this message shows up below:
    “You’ve updated the team that owns this project, which may change how people find it. Sharing permissions have not changed, but you can manage access for teams and members in the sharing controls.”
  2. Project belongs to the new team but is also visible in the old team

Hi @Becky_Czarnik , @Megan_Waters , @Per_Keckman_Persson , you may want to have a look at point #3 in my post here:

Actually, you may find the entire post useful, too! :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.