Milestone functional in Calendar view

Seems like Milestone functions differently than tasks in the calendar view. Few things:

• If you have more than one milestone, it stacks into an icon indicating how many milestones are due that date. If you point your mouse to it - then it will show the milestones.
    This happens in the personal calendar view and project calendar view.
    If you look at milestones in team calendar view - then it shows up as ordinary task do.
    Why the different treatment?

In a personal and project calendar, you can’t drag and drop milestones. In team view, you can’t - again why?
Thank you!

Hi @Mike_P and welcome to the Forum! My sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you!

I took a look into this and you’re completely right, while you can easily identify Milestones in your My Tasks and Project calendars, Milestones look just like tasks in the Team calendar. I’m not sure whether or not this is an expected behavior so I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our Development Team to find out! I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Thank you so much for taking the time to report this issue, we really appreciate it!

Hi @Mike_P,

Just heard back from our Team here, and I can confirm this one of the current product limitations for Milestones. But the good news is that our Team has already planned to fix it in in the next update, so this is temporary :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us, we really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello Marie, not sure if it relates to the original post, but at the moment milestones don’t show individually in calendar view - they stack up.
That’s a problem because we want to able to see them just as we can see tasks. Any plans going on about this?
See picture attached.

2 Likes

Currently, when viewing the Calendar, all milestones are collapsed into one and you can only view them when you hover.
I would like the ability to see all milestones and tasks in the calendar view. We currently use milestones as a way to differentiate from a task and a deliverable, as it helps keep us from missing due dates. It would be easier to see all milestones listed on the day at a quick glance.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Forum @Juliana_Scott and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We have an existing thread related to this topic. I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with the main request to avoid duplicates. I hope you don’t mind!

I used Milestone for the first time this week. I made two existing tasks Milestones. I was looking forward to seeing milestone met when user completed the task. However, user relies on her calendar view to see what is due, and the Milestone shows only a symbol (?) and not the name of the milestone task on the calendar.

As a result, she missed her deadline.

What are the product expectations for the behavior of milestones when presented in the same places regular tasks appear?

They are supposed to show up in the Timeline apparently but not in the Calendar? Task actions: create, move, duplicate, and more | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

@Angie_Canon, I see a milestone with task title in Calendar view. Maybe there’s some circumstances where they do/don’t appear that a moderator knows of.

Larry

We have completely stopped using Milestones because of the calendar/due date/missed due dates problem. We won’t use them again until Asana posts that they have been improved.

2 Likes

The ability to see multiple milestones (without hovering) on a given day would be very helpful.

Any update if we can get milestones to appear instead of collapsed/stacked in calendar view?

A workaround I found to make tasks under milestones viewable in Calendar view is to use “Move Between Sections”. Here’s how:

1. Create your MAIN SECTION
  2. Create your Milestones
  3. Under your Milestones, create your tasks
  4. Go to your Milestone tasks and Multi-select those you’d want to see in the Calendar view. You will see a popup menu that gives you the option to move (or show) tasks in your MAIN SECTION

If you go back to your list view, it may look confusing at first because you see redundant tasks (MAIN SECTION & Milestone tasks). That is ok! You can choose to work ONLY on either the MAIN SECTION or your Milestone section. Whatever update you do on tasks under the Milestone section will automatically show up in your MAIN SECTION & vice versa.

Hope this helps!