Middle mouse button click not working on links in a task description or unsubmitted comments

Is anyone else finding that their middle mouse button click isn’t working when attempting to open a link in a new tab? I am using Asana in a Chrome browser on Windows. Usually, when I use my middle mouse button on a link, it opens the link in a new tab without taking me from my current tab. This does work for links elsewhere in the app but has stopped working for the task description and unsubmitted comments. Note: I cleared all the data from my browser for Asana.com and refreshed the page and logged in but I am still seeing the issue. I also tested this in an incognito window with my non-work account and saw the issue.

I previously experienced this: Middle-clicking A Link Not Working In Task Descriptions And Message Box.

Hi @Will_Reade15, thanks for reaching out!

Could you please clarifying if using the middle mouse button isn’t opening a link in a new but a current tab instead or, isn’t opening the link at all?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath, the middle button isn’t opening a link at all.

Hi @Will_Reade15, thanks for getting back to me. I’ve gone ahead and checked if this is an intended change with our Product team. I’ll let you know as soon as I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath, I have an update. I cleared all the cached site data and cookies from my Chrome browser and that fixed the issue.

@Rebecca_McGrath, well it was working. :slightly_frowning_face: Today, using the middle mouse button on a link in the task description or an unsubmitted comment isn’t working again. Note: the middle mouse button does work on the link in the little message box that appears when I hover over a link.

Hi @Will_Reade15, unfortunately we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on our end! If the issue was solved when you cleared cache and cookies, it’s probably related to a browser extension. If the issue persists, could you please reach out to our support team and share the URL of this thread? They will be able to have a closer look at this issue and investigate further.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.