Meet your new Inbox!

Great news! As @abass said, “My Task” area also “Inbox”, are the most important area for any individual, so any updates will become welcome!! :clap:
Hope will “sonner” instead “later” this year :yum:

Congrats for your work!!! #AsanaLifeStyle :wink:

2 Likes

@Marie what would be the possibility of returning the Archive to how it was? Plenty of feedback from my team that the new Inbox is slower to process notifications you just want to quickly archive as need to click on the small archive icon. The pane on the right with an X was much faster.

Thanks

Stephen

2 Likes

Hi @LEGGO and apologies for the delay in responding to you here. I got confirmation that the Inbox should behave exactly the way that it does on an iPhone. See screenshot below:

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi @Stephen_McGrath, I don’t believe we’ve planned to revert the archive option to the previous version, but don’t hesitate to share your feedback using this form!

Thanks for the link @Marie.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing it… Thanks @Marie

1 Like

We’ve already launched it to 50% of our customers, so it shouldn’t be long until it become available to everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is excellent, look forward to seeing it on my account I rely on my inbox a lot to keep in touch with comments and activity - I also need similar improvements to the My Tasks section as both are important in prioritizing work at an individual level. Thanks for the improvements.

2 Likes

Is there the possibility to filter by project, as from a long time requested?

Hi @Francesco_Canovi,

We have kept the same filters than in the previous version, but I’ll make sure to update Inbox filtering per team/project if this is something we implement in the future!

@Marie is the rollout 100%? I still don’t see the change.

Not just yet @Getz_Pro, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted here once it’s the case!

2 Likes

The new Inbox on the iOS app unfortunately does not show the full last comment. Which makes going through your updates so much more cumbersome.

In the old version I could just scroll through the list of the last updates and archive them as necessary. 90% of all updates don’t require an answer, and simply archiving them after reading was a one-step process.

The new inbox only shows a message that someone has commented, but the actual comment isn’t visible anymore. So now I have to

– Tap on the entry
– Wait until the comments load
– Scroll way down to the bottom (sometimes the app jumps to the new comments, which I guess is the desired behavior, but most of the time that does not work so I have to scroll through hundreds of comments)
– Read the comment
– Swipe back to the inbox
– Swipe to archive the entry

So you managed to turn a quick and easy one-step process into an annoying and cumbersome 4-step-process! Good work! ##sarcasm off##

The good news is, there is a simple fix: Don’t cut off the comments in the inbox. PLEASE!

4 Likes

Hi @Thilo_Roscheisen, and thanks for sharing your feedback! You’re making a good point here, and I’ll make sure to forward your feedback to our iOS team. In the meantime, I’d encourage you to file this feedback in #mobile:androidios-feedback to allow other folks in the community to vote and support your request.

1 Like

Done. :wink:

2 Likes

I would very much like the Inbox include the ability to filter by @mention when that mention is someone else besides myself. So many times I am trying to find a @mention to someone else.

1 Like

I can’t wait to meet the new inbox, so far I often miss updates written by my team

1 Like

When can we expect this to roll out to all users? Any inbox improvements, even incremental, are a huge benefit because this is the Achilles heel of the current asana experience.

I’ve already added this to a more appropriate thread, but having an inbox per project, or at least the ability to filter by project, is a critical feautre.

3 Likes

Hi @Eric_Ressler, if everything goes to plan, it should be available to everyone sometimes next week!

2 Likes

Our team does not like the new inbox…

-Now we should search for archive button in every message - and it is in different places
-There is no “unfollow task” button
-What is the need of Read | Unread? We can not even filter on it.
-Still no inbox count.
-Laggy swipes on iPhone instead of just 1 click.

Goodbye email → Hello Asana!
Goodbye Asana → Hello Email! Read / Unread doubles the archive | unarchive…

4 Likes