Mark a project for completion

Hi @Stuart_P_Turner and thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately our team hasn’t prioritized that feature request yet and as it stands I’m unable to say if or when this will be implemented. I’ve gone ahead and escalated a task to the Team in charge to spark the discussion internally and will keep you posted on this thread if I hear anything back!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

1 Like

With Portfolios the need to ‘complete’ projects like we can with tasks is even more essential and I have voted for this feature however, surely as a quick fix we can have a ‘completed’ status for them?

We have a large and frequent amount of projects being opened, worked on and then completed and we need to be able to track this data and archiving is not good enough!

Hi @Jenny_Hickman and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I totally hear you!

We already have several threads on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to gather all feedback on this topic in one main thread; hope that’s ok!

You have mentioned that you already voted for this feature, but feel free to add your vote to this main thread in case you haven’t add your vote here.

Have a great Thursday!

1 Like

Hello,

Just wanted to chime in also on the need for “Project Complete” function. I have to be honest and say it is quite baffling that this is not a central part of Asana already.

As others have noted, the need to mark the entire project complete seems fundamental to project management. A colleague in our company contacted someone he knows at Asana for their input on how to “mark a project as complete” and the response was either to:

1. Set a status (options are not related to “completion”) with comment that says “Project Complete” and then archive the project.

OR

1. Create a team for “Completed Projects” and move it into there.

Both of these suggestions seem like an odd work-around for a feature that should have been included from the start.

It seems like it would be quite easy to simply include an additional status in the progress section other than the three currently available (On Track, At Risk, Off Track), that says “Project Completed”. This would actually match with the work around that was suggested above.

I have to reiterate, the fact that I can’t formally complete projects in Asana makes me not want to use it at all because it doesn’t seem to fit with the whole purpose of actually tracking, monitoring and aiding in the completion of projects… Without this feature I’m forced to use the software in ways that don’t seem to match its capabilities.

Having a formalized way to mark project complete (while retaining archive and delete features) for data purposes and just basic record keeping seems essential.

Please address this oddity as soon as possible,

Thanks!

Hello,

Now there is a functionality to Export the data to Google Sheets and have various tables and graphs to highlight progress, it is really important to be able to complete projects. As they have a due date, just like tasks do, it would be great to be able to see how projects tracked against the original due date with a complete date stamp when the project is marked as complete.

Please can this be prioritised as functionality.

Hi @Alex_Welch and @Sachin_Patel and thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us. We really appreciate it!

I’ve gone ahead and escalated your feedback to the Team for them to consider this feature in the next update. I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have an update about it!

Have a nice day!

3 Likes

As a new adopter of the portfolios system, that was the main reason for my upgrade, I’m glad this has been brought up already. I would like to add a very important (to me?) element that I don’t think was mentioned: a filter in the portfolio that hides completed projects. If each member of my team has approx. 2 project/week, it will be very hard to navigate all the projects within the portfolio even after a couple months of on-boarding!

1 Like

Any updates on this feature request? This is becoming a major issue for our team (and it sounds like many others).

Thank you

1 Like

+1 to “complete project” feature.