Make rollup fields available in Portfolio Dashboards

I want to create a chart in my portfolio dashboard that uses a numerical rollup field as the y-axis and another custom field in my portfolio on the x-axis. However, it doesn’t appear possible to do this, and I can’t circumvent the rollup by just reporting on the tasks within my project directly, because the other axis in my report is not a parameter of the tasks themselves, but rather of the projects.

So far I haven’t found a way around my particular issue, but it seems that allowing rollup fields to be used in reporting would solve it immediately. Is this on the roadmap?

1 Like

I am looking for the same, as I would like to pull out the Average time spent on each project I have roll-up fields created at the portfolio level but these roll-up fields don’t show up on the reporting and dashboard. I don’t see any workaround in Asana at this moment, Hence using excel to build customized reports.
If anyone has any workaround please suggest us here.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi everyone, I’m excited to announce you can now use a new rollup function in formula custom fields to aggregate values from projects up to the portfolio level. This powerful enhancement allows you to create a single source of truth for resource management data, significantly improving reporting, workload planning, and automation capabilities.

Previously, rollups were limited to portfolio views. With this update, data created via these rollup formula custom fields can be used in project-level automations, universal and portfolio workload, reporting features such as dashboards, and as inputs to other formulas.

Feel free to reach out via the Tips and Tricks category if you have any questions!

2 Likes