Looking for Ideas: How to Forecast a Pipeline of Work

Hey Everyone!
We currently use Asana with the Everhour Integration. Our clients are set up as separate projects with a start and end date for every project or retainer agreement. We estimate all (almost all) the tasks using the integration. We use sub tasks that roll up into the main “deliverable” task.

What we would like to do a better job of is being able to figure out future workload to see who’s overcommitted, where we may need freelancers etc. Is there anyone out there on the Premium tier (not business) who has figured out a report in Everhour or something in Asna or Instagantt?

And is there anyone out there using the Business tier that believes it would solve this need?

Curious for some feedback –
Thank you for your time!
Alisa

Did you look at the workload feature? Although it does not count subtasks…

Hi @Alisa_Hall. The workload option in Asana will indeed help with this. It does take a bit of work to get it set-up for all team members/projects/tasks, but if used diligently it works well. As pointed out, you can’t allocate an “effort” against sub-tasks, so the effort for these will need to be incorporated into the main tasks to be accurate. It is only with Business tier and up. Maybe trial it and see if it meets your needs? View Your Team's Workload in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Thank you – yes, we use subtasks quite a bit.

Thank you – we may need to review how we are doing our planning – but we have been using subtasks successfully –
Thanks again!

Hello Alisa, just checking if you ever figured this problem out? We’re having the exact same challenge with our Asana/Everhour reporting… :frowning:

This looks like an old post but here’s what I do. I use alias email addresses for all future work that is not yet assigned out. In the assignee field for all future creative work, my team would put Creative_dummy@yourcompany.com. I then can pull this alias into our portfolio and review workload as a team and also pull search reports to know how many task hours are coming and when. It’s very helpful to forecast and see where we might need freelance etc.

1 Like

@Chelsea_C we suggest the same thing to our clients! but you should be using a Gmail address or alias unless you want to pay for those seats :slight_smile:

1 Like