Linking Tasks so that two different people are not working on tasks at the same time

Hi!
We are finding it would be really helpful to have a way to link tasks. I don’t mean dependencies, this is separate from a need to track due dates. Rather, there are instances where a task should be linked to another, so that two different people are not working on the two tasks at the same time (it would cause issues in our set up if they were). So we’d love some way of making tasks linked, such that if you’re working on one, anyone trying to work on the other would see they’re linked and would not do so until it’s unassigned. Again, this is separate from a due date dependency issue. I think I’ve seen similar requests in forums so wanted to see what solutions people got!
Thanks!

Hi @anon41099718, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

You can achieve this using Custom Fields. For example, you can create a Status field and add the field to each. task depending of it’s status such as In progress or Done. This will allow other members to see when they can start working on the task.

If you have a Business Plan, you can also add Rules to your project to make this workflow automatic. So everytime the status field changes to a specific, the task is assigned to the next person that needs to work on that task.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile: