Limiting what users show up as Assignee options for tasks

So I created a new team which only has two people in it and added a Project to it. However, when I create a task for that Project, I can see all the other people in other Teams when I select to assign it to someone.

How can I limit it so I can only see the people on this Team, not all in the group?

Thanks in advance

I think that is not possible. You never start typing people’s name?

1 Like

No, just right off when I click the option to assign it, it comes up with a list of all possible people, regardless of their team

Hi John :wave:t4: Thank you so much for your question.

Please note that it is not currently possible to limit what users show up in the assignee field for tasks. This is great feedback and I would love to pass it onto our Development Team to consider.

Also, I went ahead and moved your post to the #ProductFeedback category so others can easily find it. Hope that’s OK with you.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us, we really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Cathya :unicorn:

There is definitely pros and cons to this that I had to decide in one of my integrations. In the end, especially collaborators can come from throughout an organization. Multihomed projects can come from various teams. So in the end unless it is an option it may be hard to gain consensus.

1 Like

To make everyone happy, maybe you could limit the list shown first to the team, but allow to find anyone using the autocomplete.

2 Likes

That’s a good approach, or even have two tabs, one for Team and one for All Members for example

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your valid points @Bastien_Siebman and @John_Osborne, it’s sincerely appreciated.

I also went ahead and made a note of it to pass onto our Development Team to consider for future improvements.

Thanks again for voicing your thoughts in regards to this. :blush:

1 Like

Hi,

I would also highly appreciate such a functionality. My scenario is to give access to projects to external clients, who would create tasks, however: they should only assign to certain team members, not to everyone in the company.

Are there any plans of providing such functionality?

Cheers and thanks,
Michael

I really hope this feature of limiting Assignee to be rolled out soon.
It is catastrophic if confidential information are assigned to unintended people.

It is also frustrating when guests could assign tasks to anyone (bosses and upper management) who are not even in the project/teams.

And we get questioning from our management what’s going on with all the email notifications of new tasks assigned to them because guests or someone made a mistake in the assignee field

This is so needed - this is a breach of GDPR for my business as now all my clients can see all my clients’ work.

I’m sure this was not apparent before - I’ve been using Asana for many years. I now feel I need to move away from Asana.

1 Like