Let attachments be inside comments body (as part of a single item)

attachments
comments

Same as I can paste an inline image like this in this post:

Allow the same for both task description and task comments

Comment & upload file at same time (in same comment)
Ability to paste text that includes images
Ability to paste text that includes images
Attachments at Comment Level

Do it for the kitten, not for me… please!

It would be great to attach documents at a comments level to help easily identify comments that may pertain to a specific document.

Thanks for this feedback, @Silas! While the document won’t appear directly within the comment at this time, have you noticed that documents do appear in the comments list in the order they were added? As you can see here, I’ve attached a document and you can see it in the comments list.

I hope this helps you in the interim. :slight_smile:

Looking like a 32 month interim! :wink:

Is this on the roadmap anywhere?

I wouldn’t use this feature in most of my tasks but when I need it for specific projects, I really miss it! Having this feature would speed up those workflows by a lot.
I’d love to know where this is on Asana’s roadmap.

Hello Asana, when can we expect this?

I’m new to Asana, and I may be missing something, but it appears that I have to do them in separate steps. I can’t see a way to comment and attach a file at the same time. In other words, I comment, then I have to attach a file (consequently triggering two notifications, one for the comment, one for uploading the file). Can’t these go together? What am I missing?

The answer is: No.
However, is the real issue the count/frequency of notifications? in which case you might consider changing your notifications settings. Just remember that there are Project-level settings as well as your Profile settings that influence notifications.

I don’t think @Brian_Burch is worried about the frequency, for me it’s about the misleading effect of receiving 2 notifications that actually represent the same idea (comment + attachment).

By providing what is requested in this thread Asana would be resolving the double notifications issue, since the comment+attachment (or comment+image) will be 1, the notification will be 1.

So again, @asana1 when can you provide this?

Thanks @Juan_Diego. Yes, I’m not worried about notifications, I can manage those. What I’m hoping for is being able to place the pertinent image (.pdf or .png or .jpg) in with the corresponding comment box for clarity in jobs with lots of comments and lots of attached files. Also, I’m hoping that @asana1 is working on having .pdf files display thumbnails similar to .png or .jpg bitmapped files. That’s pretty common and doesn’t seem to be a big technology challenge. Is it on a REV or DEV list?