Is it possible to remove "Assignee" from the list view?

I have a project type that will only have one person working on it, so it can be assumed that every item in it is for that person.

I understand this field shouldnt be removed from the item as the assignee field connects it back to that user.

However, is there any way to hide it from view to free up some screen real estate, as its not necessary to have in view in this case?

1 Like

Hey @FenwayJohnny , sure!

You can use the ‘Hide’ button, next to Filter and Sort buttons, allong the header menu.

Under the ‘Hide’ button you can toggle the Assignee field along with the other 8 metafields such as Due date, Created by, Completed on, etc.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you!

1 Like

When I use the ‘Hide’ bottom, it hides the Assignee field only temporarily. The Assignee field is back there whenever I close and reopen Asana, or even if I just refresh the page.

2 Likes

I found out that this is possible by clicking on the floppy disk icon that appears on the top right when modifying the list view.

2 Likes

I have found that this filter does not save. It is only active for the moment in time that I create the filter, and if I go back the project the filter is no longer there. Is there a way to make the filter “stick”?

1 Like

You sure can, @Sheri2 !

Look out for the save button on the far right.
It may look like a :floppy_disk: icon or simply say ‘Save view’ or 'Save for everyone '. (there’s an A/B test currently running so it may appear different amongst users)

Thanks Richard, I don’t see any button, however since I am a solo user and Asana refuses to sell premium to solo users, maybe I don’t have access to this button?

You will see this button appear once you trigger any change to your project layout, or anything using the Filter, Sort or Hide buttons.

thank you–for me it is a tab on the far right that says “save view”–I did not expect that saving the filter is what that meant.

1 Like