Hide menu non persistent

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When you change fields in the “Hide” menu - especially to view Projects and hide Assignee - its non persistent.

Steps to reproduce:
On Desktop Mac Asana
Open project
Click Hide
Set Assignee to off, and Projects to on
Looks good
Switch to another project, and back
Has reverted to show Assignee and not show Projects.

Note that switching projects by default to Assignee has made workflow MUCH more difficult, as a one-person user of Asana I’m always interested in what other projects a task is in, and never interested in the Assignee, but Asana keeps wanting to show me the Assignee and hide Projects as if that is how its own UX designers use Asana.

Browser version:
Not applicable - running recently updated Desktop app.

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
No idea, but I think its Basic.

Upload screenshots below:

@Mitra_Ardron,

I don’t believe this is a bug, so I’ve moved this thread to another category.

After updates like that, you need to Save view for everyone. You’ll see a blue dot appear near the top right; click it to see that option in the menu:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Seriously - nothing else in Asana that I can think of requires a separate Save step - its all immediate, you do something it changes (for everyone), but somehow the user is supposed to notice the floppy icon - over on the other side of the screen - which they’d never even noticed before is required to be clicked to save the view.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.