iPad app - Adding tasks & sections

Hi,

Not sure if I’m missing something here. But is it possible to add a task under another task in the app, or even at the bottom?

Every time I add a task via the ‘+’ button it always adds it to the top, which means I need to scroll up, and drag n drop it down at the bottom of the project.

Also, is there a way to add a section? For the life of me I can’t figure out how to do it.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Bright, welcome to the Community Forum!

You can certainly add subtasks to you tasks in the mobile app. If you have an iOS device, you will find the option beside the like button. If you have an Android, please select the tree dot icon in the top right corner of the task.

Regarding your questions about creating sections on mobile, this is currently not possible. But I will send your feedback to out product team to be consider in future updates. Thanks for sharing this feedback!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to be able to create sections by adding a colon (sometimes I would have to place 2 colons side-by-side after the task name that I wanted to become a section, and refresh, before it would work) after the section/task name. Then this went away sometime in the past 2-3 weeks. Was it taken away?

Hi @Emily_Roman
I would like to know how I can paste text with line breaks to create subtasks like in the Windows application. Currently, I can only paste all the text together in a subtask.
Thanks for advance
Regards

Re adding tasks in iOS. When browsing down a long list with Multiple sections I often want to add a task to a particular section. Currently a task is always added to the top of the project which is a pain to find and transfer to the required section. With the add task orange button at bottom right it struck me that you should emulate Things to do app for IOS which allows you to drag the + icon to where you want to add a task. Pls have a look at this. It would be a big value add for mobile. I wrote to support about this and they didn’t seem to understand!

1 Like