🥅 Introducing the new and improved Goals! Operationalize your mission and achieve your strategic goals

Hi there,

I’m excited to announce that this week we’ll begin rolling out a new supercharged List View for Goals, to help you set, track, and achieve your most important company objectives.

The revamped Goals List View includes two tabs: Company Goals with Mission and Team Goals. This update allows you to add your company mission in addition to company and team goals, so everyone at your organization is aligned and clear on your north star, and can in turn focus on the most impactful work to achieve your organization’s goals.

With the new tabbed List View you can now quickly navigate between company and team goals to see relevant views of goals and their status at a glance.

The Teams tab is now customizable to meet your individual needs - you can now add, remove, and reorder multiple teams in the Team Goals tab, allowing you to track and react to goals’ progress and status on multiple teams in one view.

We’ve also made additional improvements to the Goals experience to make the connection between goals clearer and help you better understand the hierarchy of your organization’s goals.

We are always open to customer feedback and would love to hear from you. Please fill out this feedback form so we can keep track of customer requests. And of course, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the comments below.

Thanks!
Zaraida

Company Goals Tab with Mission

Customizable Team Goals Tab

22 Likes

Love the additional improvements made here. I am looking forward to rolling this out within my organization!

4 Likes

This looks great - however biggest blocker preventing me from using Goals is that I can’t use them with guests ie my clients.

7 Likes

In Italy we say “FIGO” <3

1 Like

We wish to have this tree view in the portfolios / projects

5 Likes

@Zaraida_Diaz still wishing for the feature to have goals automized, that’d be great! The manual work you need to do atm is simply too much :frowning:

6 Likes

Hi Brandon!
Welcome to the forum :raised_hands:t3:

Thank you for the feedback. I think the concept of Goals as a feature is directed at your own business - so you can set your goals and objectives in relation to your business.

Having said, there is a work around to apply with your clients, who I understand, get guest access to your organisation / workspace.

What I would recommend is to create a team per client, in this team, you would create the actual project work your client has access to, and you create another project to implement goals / strategic approach for your work with them. This way, your clients (guest users) can be given access to these 2 projects which you can then link, and share status updates and so on as you see.

I hope this helps a bit!

Rashad

3 Likes

Amen to that!! :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

4 Likes

Can we add tasks from projects into goals?

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this rolled out to my workspace!

1 Like

Should be noted that this is a paid feature

1 Like

Objectives as well would be nice.

1 Like

Hi @Linda_Strutz we have more exciting updates coming for Goals soon! Stay tune and Follow our News category to keep up to date with what’s new in Asana! 📨

@anon58904926 you can currently add supporting work such as a project or Portfolio to your Goals, please find more details in this article: Get Started with Asana Goals • Asana Product Guide

3 Likes

Appreciate this new feature. Also interested in having status updates in goals similar to the status updates in projects. Currently, we are using the Description feature for this capability; however, it is risky as someone could easily delete past updates, comments, notes from previous months work.

Is there a way to add subgoals Titles within the goals to separate out sections?
Thanks

Thanks for Sharing

Excited to see improvements being made to goals!

Question - In previous iterates of goals it was possible for anyone with view access to company goals to edit them.

Is it now possible to restrict editing company goals to only specific individuals who are responsible for managing those goals? (We don’t want just anyone being able to edit them in error!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.