Introducing Project Overview, Project Brief, and Messages

Unfortunately the print option is only on a thread-by-thread basis. It isn’t possible to print all threads from a project, unless I am missing something

That’s right, @Rory_Percival! This request: Include Messages in Project export is to include Messages in the full project export so it doesn’t have to be done message by message. Thanks again. for your feedback! I’ll make sure to share it with the team.

I have an update in regards to your question, @LEGGO! Our product team confirmed the report is currently showing all the messages that you’re a collaborator on, not just the messages you’ve received. We did this because messages customers send likely have responses - we think of those responses as messages as well, so they would fit under the category of “Messages I’ve received”. Unfortunately, at the moment, we aren’t able to filter to only messages with a response, or only messages created by someone other than you. We completely understand why you’re requesting this, and our product team will work in this kinds of refinements in future updates!

This is really great feedback, and we’ll definitely take it into consideration! Thank you!

2 Likes

Good morning @Emily_Roman, @Marie and @anon5798578!

Since you’re consolidating feedback on this particular launch in this thread, I wanted to share a consideration for a potential enhancement. The enhancement is regarding “project history”. Recently, I was asked to share with leadership the causes for some shift in how data was being reported within a Portfolio. In this case, think of the portfolio as a Sale Pipeline where there are Custom Fields that distinguish the probability of sale and another numerical field represents the volume of the order. With the Start Date of these projects serving as a Close Date for the forecasted order we can easily see when the weighted orders might fall. I discovered that as we compare the portfolio week over week there isn’t a paper trail indicating the changes made to Custom Fields, Start Dates, etc on the project - much like what we see in Task History and now even Goal History.

With the new updates panel on the right-hand side of the Project Overview tab, this would be a great place to note any of these changes and present a “Project History”. In some instances we are suggesting that users capture these changes in their Status Updates but where that isn’t done it would be really helpful to have that audit history to help tell the story of how work is progressing within a Portfolio.

As a related and perhaps secondary request, I don’t see where through a Portfolio update you are able to take a “snapshot” of projects so that the state of their Custom Fields are statically represented. This might otherwise provide the details we are looking for to do a week to week comparison, but I believe today in these portfolio updates it only categorizes the projects based on their current status.

Welcome any commentary as to whether this suggestion is understood or seems like a valuable add. Thanks!

2 Likes

Great suggestion, @LEGGO.

Perhaps an available workaround now could be achieved with the Sync to Google Sheets (which works in Excel too) and some automation or manual work in the sheet to archive “snapshots.”

Larry

Yes, @lpb! I’m doing exactly that today as a workaround! I’ve got a Google script that basically takes the source data and copies it (static snapshot) on a weekly basis to a new tab. I then have a pivot table built where I can easily toggle the cell reference to plot data for whichever snapshot so I can perform a compare to the current sync using the Google Sheet integration.

1 Like

I love the new Messages feature, but it seems that things posted here don’t flow through the regular Notifications settings. Trying to use Messages with the team, it turns out I’m talking to myself, because no-one got a Slack notification about it, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was split to a new topic: Has message capability been built into the API

Hi folks :wave:

I’m delighted to announce our team has started to roll out some project Brief fast follow updates :tada:

With this new update, we’re adding 4 new features to Brief:

1. Print brief
  2. / commands to insert rich text elements
  3. Drag-and-droppable blocks
  4. The long-awaited :sparkles: Tables :sparkles:

Print brief :printer:

You can now print Briefs (and by extension export them to PDF)! This feature can be found in the upper right-hand corner under the more menu.

/ commands :trackball:
Type “/” to insert elements into your document. Filter options by typing out the option you wish to select and/or use the arrow keys to choose it from the dropdown. This works in tables as well to insert rows and columns, so you’ll never have to use your mouse again.

Drag & drop blocks :dragon:
Rearrange your top-level blocks in your project brief by simply locating the drag handle on the left side of a block and drag away!

Tables :spiral_calendar:
We know that Briefs can be long and complicated. What’s the best way to break up a gnarly problem? A table.

Insert a table via all the ways you can insert rich text elements! You’ll be able to insert rows and columns, select full rows/columns to delete, copy and paste tables from outside docs, and even insert some useful block elements (lists and images) into the cells.

Please note these updates are currently available to 5% of our customers and should be available to everyone by the end of this week!

We hope you enjoy these new features, and we look forward to hear what you think in the comments below!

3 Likes

Is “Project Brief” the same as “Overview / How we’ll collaborate”?

Hi @Stephanie_Oberg,

Those are different. The latter is called Project Description and is similar to what’s been there all along except that you can change the title of it (like from How we’ll collaborate back to Project description!) Both are described and shown here:

Larry

2 Likes

Will there be a possibilty to include a stadnard layout for the Project Brief in a project template?
So every project you create from that template has the same project brief that can be filled out?
That’d be extremely helpful to standardize available information across all projects of similar types.

2 Likes

We don’t have immediate plans to implement that feature but I think it’s a great idea, @Dominik_Hamann! I don’t think we have a thread in our #productfeedback category for this feature. If you are interested, feel free to create one so other customers can upvote as well! Thanks

@Emily_Roman, A client has most of the project brief functionality but neither Tables nor “/”. Are those delayed, or still coming by end of week?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @lpb, we are planning to launch all fast follows to 100% of customers today. I’ll keep you posted if there are any changes!

1 Like

As of now it wasn’t launched to the client who was looking for it; is there a new target date?

Thanks,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.