Introducing Project Overview, Project Brief, and Messages

I am now seeing Messages as well @Emily_Roman and @anon5798578 but want to provide some feedback from my brief use of the updates. First off, LOVE IT! So much potential here. Hopefully the points below can be seen as constructive! Happy to answer questions or be corrected as I most certainly am overlooking a thing or two…

1. It would be really nice to be able to differentiate between Messages that stem from a Team, Project or Individual/Group (Adhoc).
  2. I would also take this classification a bit further as I am seeing that Status Updates also appear as Messages. I could definitely see where I would want to differentiate those from general Messages - I’m unable to tell from the search results if a Message is a Status Updates or a Project Message (or converted Project Conversation)
  3. Status Updates can be offered at a Portfolio level or Project level and show as Messages also. Perhaps this presents another opportunity to differentiate from the search results list where currently only those at a Project level have this indication (until you click into the Message details)
  4. Will there be the ability to edit Messages as you can Comments? Will we at least be able to edit a Subject to a Message?
  5. If I refine the search results for Messages and include a filter for “No Projects” the results don’t change - Messages at the Project level still show.
  6. When you send a Message to a Team do they all get the notification? Where is that set like it is at the Project level?
  7. When you send a Status update for a Portfolio do all the teammates get the notification? Where is this notification setting set as well?
  8. When I view the “Messages I’ve Received” from the dropdown Search option the results show ones I also sent. It seems this is because the search criteria is when I am a Collaborator. In addition to having me as a Collaborator shouldn’t it also filter on Messages that are Commented on OR Created by “Not Me”? Not sure that a Message response is classified as a “comment” in this instance though… Basically I wouldn’t expect to see Messages that I have sent where nobody has responded
  9. Any reason there is only a shortcut to “Messages I’ve Sent” from my Inbox as I assume it would have been those I receive that I could click to at a minimum, no?
  10. If I am looking at Messages I’ve Sent or Received and remove the filtered condition I find that not all the Messages appear in the search results although I would expect to see all of those previously represented AND SOME. It is as if they get truncated. In this example I show 182 Messages with no filtered condition, just simply searching for Messages. Yet when I include a filter for me as a collaborator some appear that didn’t moments ago.
6 Likes