Inbox Chronological order: Newest to Oldest

The inbox goes from oldest to newest message. Opposite the standard format for forums and e-mails.

Sometimes it’s hard to contextualize when jumping into the middle of the conversation and working my way up, than the other way around.

Any chance of reversing the chronological order of messages where the newest appears at top? It’s more intuitive that way and easier to work my way back from the latest.

Asana rocks!

Hey Jacob! Just so I’m understanding it, you mean within updates, each activity/story is from new/oldest top/bottom? Or all the updates should be oldest first to newest?

Say we have task X, it’s had a few images and comments, those images/comments should appear newest to oldest?

Hello Caisha!

Correct, each activity/story goes from new to oldest. Opposite of how it’s structured now.

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

@Jacob_Shamberg I totally agree with you. I would love an option to have newest to oldest for the inbox messages. It would also be most helpful if all you saw was the one most recent post per item, then also have an option to toggle to see more if need be.

1 Like

Just so that this topic gets more attention, I also agree that having our inboxes read from newest to oldest instead of oldest to newest would be best!

My team is new to the platform and are struggling to find the most current conversations taking place.

Asana is great nonetheless.

At the moment the newest messages always show on top in the inbox.
Here is a feedback request regarding being able to jump to the bottom of the inbox: Idea: Jump to bottom of inbox
And here is more info on inbox filtering options: Asana Inbox | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide