Can't control order of Items in Inbox

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Prior to the recent update, I could order my tasks in My Tasks and they would show up in that order in Inbox. Now the order in Inbox seems to be random, and I can’t control it.

Steps to reproduce:
Order the tasks in Tasks and observe that the order stays the same in Inbox

Browser version:

Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Philip_Rosen, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Could you please provide some more detail here so I can assist you further? :slight_smile: At this time, it is not possible to control the order of items in your Inbox. They will show in the order the notification is received, newest to oldest.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hmm. So maybe notifications aren’t working the way they used to? I looked at the Activity Tab section here: https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/inbox

I tried a few of the actions and I didn’t receive any notification in my Inbox.
It’s definitely the case that, as of a couple of weeks ago or less, I was able to order To Do items in My Tasks, and if they had a due date of “Today” they appeared in my Inbox in the same order.

Maybe this changed when you did this:
The previous Today, Upcoming, Later auto-promotion feature, which automatically moved tasks between the sections, has been deprecated.

Anyway, I really liked the way it worked, and it would be great if you could bring back that functionality. Why not just have drag handles available in the Inbox to order things there?

Thanks,

Philip

Hi @Philip_Rosen, thanks for getting back to me. You’re right, it is no longer possible to rearrange “Your tasks for today” in Inbox.

I would suggest creating a post in our #productfeedback thread if this is a feature you would like to see brought back. :slight_smile:

ok thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.