Task sort order scrambles when I resort a single task in iOS

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I like to sort daily tasks within the Today menu in the order I wish to complete them. For the last three days, in iOS only, moving a task within Today scrambles the order of all tasks. I can swipe down to reload and revert the scramble to the original order, but this is burdensome.

Steps to reproduce: In app, drag a task to a new spot in the list. See if task order remains as intended.

Browser version: iOS version 8.65.0 and 8.66.0

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Joe_Garland, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Could you please confirm if you are filtering/sorting by anything or if this is set to None?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Thanks for reaching out, Rebecca. Sort is set to None. Sort within sections is off.

I’m having the same issue. Prior to this week, no problem reordering tasks in My Task view. Since this week, I can move a task from Resent to Today, Upcoming, or Later, but I cannot change the order of tasks within each of those categories. I can drag a task to a new spot, but then the screen jumps and Asana puts the task where it wants, usually where it was… Oddly, the task will occasionally go to a new location, but never where I intend…

Hi @Joe_Garland and @Mike_Muir, could you please try out the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if these resolve the issue? If not, I’ll look into this further for you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, Rebecca. This issue is only occurring for me within the iOS Asana app on an iPhone 12. I am not able to replicate the issue on my desktop with Google Chrome.

Sorry, iPhone 11. Although my wife is having a similar issue on her iPhone 12.

Rebecca, thanks for the recommendation to try the troubleshooting steps. I’m afraid they did not change anything. I’m using Asana on an iPad Pro 11 (iPadO and Safari are up to date - both are version 14.6). I use the Asana app (which is up to date - version 8.66). I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but the issue persisted. I have tried restarting the iPad and the problem persisted. As I wrote in a previous post, this is a fairly recent development (since June 1, 2021).

Thanks for getting back to me @Joe_Garland and @Mike_Muir. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Mobile team. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an update :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience!