Impossible to open or reinstall the Desktop App after update

Hi,
I had the Asana App on my Desktop (Windows 64 bits) and I’ve been asked if I wanted to install the update. I clicked on OK, and impossible to open the app after that.
I cannot reinstall it neither. Once I download the setup.exe file and try to run it, I have an error message “Installation has failed”

Hi @Me12, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for flagging this! We haven’t received any other reports of this issue as of yet. Please reach out to our Support team with a screen recording of the issue and they will be able to investigate this further for you, as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have on the Community team.

I hope this is resolved soon for you!

Hi! Did you get any fix on this? Same problem here. I can’t even uninstall it. Thanks!

I have the same problem. It seems that the asana setup file has been blocked and automatically deleted by windows defender.
also when I try to download the app again, I get a warning that the setup is something unusual and I have to do several steps to download it anyway. When I install the setup file, it’s automatically deleted by windows defender.

1 Like

Same Problem!!

Hi,
Thanks for the answers.
The problem seems to be fixed.
I just tried to reinstall it today and it now works.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.