Installation has failed

on Windows 7. doesn’t install.

I am guessing Asana will need a bit more context and explanations, possibly with screenshots, to help troubleshoot.

Well I don’t know what other information they would need all that set is the installation failed and that there was an error during installation and I can click on a button to open a log file but this log file has no messages related to Asana this just looks like a standard error dialog message that occurs when the installation fails

Oh I also forgot to mention I tried installing the 32-bit and 64-bit both of them have the same issue

Hi @Roy_Smithton, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps to see if any of these help to resolve the issue?

Please also confirm that your device has all latest updates installed.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

this is bad software when it just errors out without any explanation of what is causing the issue.

Yes, it was specified in the previous reply:

Try those troubleshooting steps that apply and, if none help, it includes a step to contact Support who will be able to troubleshoot with you.

1 Like

Yes, it was specified in the previous reply

I am not using a web browser so those instrjctions did not seem applicable. Thanks though

Hi @Roy_Smithton, as you are downloading the Desktop app from a web browser, I suggest following the browser related troubleshooting steps I listed, specifically clearing your cache.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you can reach out to our Support team who have the tools to look into this further for you.

Please also confirm the above to our Support team. :slight_smile:

Ok thanks for your suggestions much apprecited

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.