Imported CSV Task Order is wrong

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I import the CSV, the sections appeared to be in the correct order in the timeline view. There are some tasks though that appears not in the right order (correct section and time though).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a list of over 40+ tasks and tag in 10+ sections.
  2. Import the list as a CSV.

Browser version:
Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.107

Hi @anon89245342 , welcome to the forum :smiley:

Wow, that’s strange! Did you check your sort settings? Perhaps you are sorting by date or alphabetically?

1 Like

If it were by date, it’s still wrong. same goes alphabetical. It’s just odd why it gets sorted that way.

I’m a bit confused now… so you are saying that you select ‘sort by due date’ in Asana and it does NOT sort it correctly chronologically in your List view or Timeline view? :thinking:

In case you are talking specifically just about the Timeline view (where you cannot sort alphabetically) then note that if you sort by date in the Timeline view, you will lose visibility of your Sections. However, without any sort enabled, you will need to manually move the tasks around in the correct order, as per any timeline view in any project - I think this might be your issue.

Other things to try, in case I have completely misunderstood:

1. is there a sort filter already applied to your CSV file? if you disable it, does Asana import it in that order?
  2. are the dates in your CSV file in US format? make sure Asana reads correctly the DD-MM format.
  3. In list view, toggle the ‘sort within sections’ button at the bottom of the ‘Sort’ dropdown menu…?

Screenshots also help, if possible! :wink:

1 Like

Apologies. Quite new to Asana. I discovered the Sort feature. All good now. Thanks!

2 Likes

No worries! Glad to help :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.