I'm unable to print my project

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
After “export\print” → “print”
Asana stops in printing screen and loss the Sync (see attachments below).

Browser version: Firefox 74 (64bit) and Chrome 80.0.3987.

Upload screenshots below:
immagine|689x123

Hi @Christian_Bussu and welcome to the Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. In order to better understand what might be happening can you please provide the following information?

• Can you please try with an incognito windows and see if this issue persists?
  • Can you please confirm if you are getting the same error when trying to print a task or a different project in Asana?
  • Are you getting any error message?

Thank you Christian! Looking forward to your reply!

Can you please try with an incognito windows and see if this issue persists?

→ Yes persist.
Can you please confirm if you are getting the same error when trying to print a task or a different project in Asana?
→ I can’t print any project but the individual tasks can.
Are you getting any error message?
→ only the yellow top bar in my previous screen-shoot

This is a new “error”:

Hi @Christian_Bussu, Marie here jumping in to give a hand to my colleague @natalia.

Could you please run this test and send me a screenshot of the results you’re getting?

Could you also confirm if your projects are sorted (by due date or assignee for example)?

Looking forward to your reply!

the project is sorted by due date.

Thanks Christian,

Sounds like this could be triggering the issue. Just to verify this postulate, can you set your sorting to “None” and try to print your project? Are you running into the same problem?

I confirm that by entering NONE in the order, the printing function works correctly.

Unfortunately this order is not useful for us.

Until last March 12th it was working correctly with the expiration date order.

Thank you so much for the additional details Christian! I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug with all info you have provided and @Natalia or I will keep you posted as soon as we have an update!

1 Like

In the meantime, here is a workaround that might help:

Try to run a search for all task in your project and sort your search results by due date. Once this is done, click on the arrow just next to your search title, and select Print.

I know this is not as ideal and straightforward than printing your project, but it might be a good work around while we find a solution to this bug!

Hi @Christian_Bussu, we believe this issue should now be solved. can you confirm this the case on your end? Looking forward to your reply!

unfortunately it’s not working yet.

immagine

@Christian_Bussu apologies for the trouble here, could you give it a another go now and keep me posted?

Many thanks!

Thanks @Christian_Bussu, we’re looking into this and will keep you posted asap!

Hi @Christian_Bussu, our team is wondering if you could test the following:

1. Click on the 3 dot menu at the top right corner of your screen and select “Save view by default” (even if it was already the case)
  2. Try to print your project again

Any chance this is resolving the issue?

Unfortunately, it’s not working.

Dear Marie,

I confirm that today it’s working!

Only one problem remains, the maximum number of pages printed is 34.

Is this a limitation of the free version?

YAY, one problem solved!

Let me check this with our team and I’ll get back to you!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.