How to send a Project data from Asana to ServiceNow?

Hello.

I have configured the integration between Asana and ServiceNow, which enables the creation of projects and tasks in Asana whenever they are created in ServiceNow. I am now looking for a way to create projects and tasks in ServiceNow whenever they are created in Asana. Can you please guide me on how to achieve this?

@Phil_Seeman Can you guide me on this?

That’ll be up to you to work out; that’s beyond the scope of this forum (or my knowledge!).

There are a couple of ways you can know when projects and tasks are created in Asana, so you can write them to ServiceNow:

1. Use the Events functionality; poll Asana periodically to detect what new-project and new-task events have occurred since you last polled; or
  2. If you need close-to-real-time updates to occur, you can instead use the webhooks functionality; it still gives you events but you’re notified in near-real-time; or
  3. If you don’t want to mess with setting up either of the above, you could use an external app like Zapier or equivalent to do that work for you, and create a Zap or equivalent based on Asana new-project or new-task events.
1 Like