How to numerically assign capacity to assignees within project board?

Hello, we use a project board for our large scale projects and have relevant team members constrained within the board. Each team member is assigned their own column with workload.

Can I give an arbitrary number to each of their assigned cards WIP so that we can’t give them more than their workload capacity?

For Example, Jeff has 5 cards under his name column in Asana. One card counts as 5 workload points, another card counts as 2 workload points and the final three cards are 3 workload points a piece. Adding another card under the “Jeff” column would put his workload points over 10+ and not allowed.

When Jeff completes a task, workload points will be deducted from his overall x/10 total.

Is this possible in Asana through fields or something that I’m missing?

Hello @anon55772430
yeah basically you can use custom fields to set this up. Like a custom field with allocated hours or other definition and then you can display this in the workload feature: View Your Team's Workload in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Have a look and let me know if that solves your question?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.