How to easily create many tasks from many images?

Hello, sincere apologies if this has been asked before. I did try searching first, scout’s honour.

If I have say 100 to 200 images and I want a task for each one in a board layout… Is there an easy way to do this without doing it manually 1 by 1?

Many thanks for your help :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Tim_Bland

You could try using CSV Import with the relevant images as attachments.

Please note I have never tried this but I think it should be able to work…

Here is the guide article for this;

Hope this helps…

Unfortunately, I don’t believe attachments can be added from a CSV import @Jason_Woods :sweat_smile:

I can’t think of a solution for this, but I’m looping in other folks here in case anyone can think of workaround: @Phil_Seeman, @Julien_RENAUD, @LEGGO, @Bernie_Orelup, @lpb, @Bastien_Siebman

3 Likes

I can’t think of a way to do this within Asana that wouldn’t be manual.

You might be able to use Zapier to create a task when a file is uploaded to a specific folder in Google Drive. I haven’t done this before but I would assume this trigger would attach the file to the Asana task.

5 Likes

Good idea @LEGGO
It seems to be a solution indeed :+1:

4 Likes

Glad you caught that, @Marie. I had meant to follow up with a similar reply but lost track.

Perhaps Unito or another “syncing” type of integration, vs. trigger/action, would be another option if the files exist somewhere already?

Not sure how easy this would be with curl or another script using the API but that’s a potential option too.

Larry

1 Like

Woohoo thank you all for all the great suggestions! Marking @LEGGO answer as the solution as it seems to be the easiest one so far :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks @Marie for picking that up.

Apologies @Tim_Bland for sending you down the wrong path hopefully you didn’t waste much time.

@LEGGO - Great solution.

Jason.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I think I might delve into the api but the zapier solution sounds like a good idea. Cheers

3 Likes