How to automatically forward emails + assign them to a specific person?

Dear Marie,

I have read all the instructions on your website but still cannot find a solution for the following situation:

We ahve already set an automatic email forwarding rule so that for every new email that comes into our customer service a new task is created in asana and this works well.

But since we receive incoming emails from members outside of our organisation (new customers), we constantly get “2 tasks” per email, one of them is alwasy as a spam to us saying that some email addresses could not be recognized: Tu tarea fue creada con éxito en Asana, pero te estamos enviado este email porque alguien que colocaste en el campo “para:” o “cc:” en tu email no es miembro de la organización, espacio de trabajo, o proyecto al cual estás enviando. Puedes obtener más información sobre este tema en la guía de Asana:
https://asana.com/guide/help/email/email-to-asana

Is there some possible solution we may use? Otherwise we will have to stop using Asana because it sort of creates more trouble than it resolves.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me if there is a solution or not instead of refering to your articles because I have already read them and there is no information whatsoever about this case.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply @Eduardo_Escolar,

I suspect this is happening because when your forwarder email send a task to Asana, its email still contains the email address of the initial sender in the CC field. The only way to solve this issue would be to remove these emails from the CC field before the forwarder sends the email to Asana. I’m not sure if there is an option to automatically remove these emails, if not this would need to be done manually, which I understand isn’t super convenient; so on my end, I’ll make sure to highlight the issue to our Team.

Hope this helps @Eduardo_Escolar; my sincere apologies for the inconvenience, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on mu end!

1 Like

I am also very interested in being able to assign a Task Due Date automatically via a forwarded email. I tried assigning a due date in Outlook prior to forwarding to my Asana project & that didn’t seem to work. Any solutions?

Welcome to the Forum @Meghan_JaKa :wave:

It is currently not possible to assign a Due Date when creating a task via email. I would recommend you to add your vote to the following thread: Tasks Created Via Email Needs Due Date - #19 by Caisha

Have a nice Monday! :slight_smile:

FYI this capability is available via my Flowsana integration, using its hashtag automation feature.

2 Likes