How to allocate a task on multiple time interval?

Hi,

I would like to work on task 1 from 8am to 10am, then on task 2 from 10am to 12pm, then on task 1 from 1pm to 3pm, then on task 2 from 3pm to 5pm. How to do this with Asana?

Best,
Lucas

Welcome, @Lucas_Willems,

One way would be to assign start and end dates and times to separate tasks, or subtasks, using these fields (Start date/time requires any paid plan):

Another way would be to use Time Tracking Actual Time (requires Advanced/Business Legacy or above plans):

Perhaps with more context about your question, like your goal or what you’re trying to achieve in Asana with this tracking, we can help more.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi!

I don’t think it answers the question. How could I do what I am describing?

Thanks,
Lucas

Hi @Lucas_Willems , it depends on how you want your tasks displayed and used. Based on that, you could either:

• create subtasks within Task 1, each subtask would have a dedicated timeslot
  • create separate tasks for each time slot with a naming convention such as ‘Task 1 Part 1’

Hi,

Why should I create subtasks or multiple tasks? In my case, a task would take 10 different time slots. This is really not convenient.

Best,
Lucas

HI @Lucas_Willems apart from what has been suggested above there really isn’t another option. Perhaps add your request to the product feedback section explaining you would like multiple start and end times to your task or the ability to reoccur tasks at an hourly level.

I agree with @Danielle-GenD here @Lucas_Willems - It sounds to me liek you are asking for asana to create duplicate tasks based on time rather than dates. Currently asana can do it on dates with 1 time slot and so @lpb suggestion above is probably the best way to workaround what you require whilst you request the product feature.

2 Likes