How do I get subtasks time to show in Workload Reports?

Wondering how I can get subtasks to show in workload reports? I’m really getting confused on what’s the point of subtasks if they aren’t part of your “workload” hours!

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

HI @anon56504296

Although subs are transitioning it seems in Asana, they are seen more as to-dos that are needed to complete the task.

However, if you multi-home a sub to another project, it becomes the parent in that project with all that comes with being a parent task. As you might already see, if you need subs in workload, then multi-home them with another project.

As an example:
In everyone’s My Task, have a Rule that adds all new tasks to [person’s name] Project. Then you can add all those personal projects to a portfolio and view the workload.

2 Likes

Hi @anon56504296, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Subtasks do not inherit the project or assignee from their parent tasks right now so you will need to add the subtask to the project, assign manually and add effort to have it appear in Workload.

You can add a subtask to a project by opening the subtask and using the Tab + P shortcut.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.