Sub-task effort in the portfolio workload

Hi,
I found few conversation about that but since 2020 nothing has changed?

Is there a way to include sub-task effort in the portfolio workload? This is a big issue honestly when we sell the business plan to a client mostly for the workload feature and all the subtasks are not calculated… How do you resolve that? All projects are build in a structure where we use subtasks…

Help please :grimacing:

Hi @Audrey_Patry-Herard, thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us! As it stands, subtasks don’t inherit the project and for this reason they don’t appear in Portfolio or Workload. As a workaround, you can add the subtasks to the project following these steps: How to Use Asana subtasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. I’m afraid I don’t have updates on when subtasks will automatically appear in Portfolio and Workload but we will update this thread Ability to view assigned SUBTASKS in Portfolio>Workload as soon as we have any news!

I also recommend you these threads where our community have shared good tips:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Emily_Roman
Thanks for your help. The solution of adding a subtask to the project, it will create a double subtask no?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.