How do I delete a Workspace I created in my Asana account?

Hi guys, has anyone found a way to delete a workspace that you’ve created?

3 Likes

Hi @Norah_Lindsay and @Daniel_Bravo! I’d recommend to check out this handy article: Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

So is this impossible, or?

2 Likes

Thank you Marie! My answer has finally been found

1 Like

Thanks, @Marie . I sound dumb, but when you delete all tasks, projects, etc. and LEAVE the workspace, does deactivating a workspace actually delete it? Or is it just out there with nothing in it?

Thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

Deleting all content from your Workspace and leaving it will make the Workspace inaccessible; if you wish to completely delete it, I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team! Have a great Monday @Kymberli_Feng :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was the answer Marie did not want to provide us initially. Nothing is impossble with asana, except what is impossible, specially regardiing the touchy matter of workspace. that does not communicate with each other, where you cannot copy from one to another, that you cannot delete definitly without calling support. etc etc

7 Likes

If there is no one to see the workspace, does the workspace actually exist? I believe that is the point they are trying to make. I personally don’t want to leave anything, even a blank workspace, out there for even Asana personnel to access. They say no one can if they aren’t members, but there is always a way for the people who created it. There is also a way to bring back that which is thought to be deleted by those same people. I think I will just continue to delete all members when I am done leaving just myself until Asana learns the meaning of the word delete.

15 Likes

While on the Workspace, if you go to “more > Remove me from this Workspace” then it will delete it from your view.

You DO NOT Delete a WorkSpace as it may have substance that may be important to someone.

HENCE,

if you just leave the Workspace directly 

or

Delete all the tasks and info and then Leave the Workspace.

The Deletion will be completed.

It is very easy, remove all members from the workspace, and finally remove me from the workspace.

Then the workspace disappear, only personal project left

The point being made here by many is that this is not deleting the workspace, this is only removing you from it.

I, too, would prefer that there were actually a way to delete, as in permanently destroy all copies of and access to, a workspace. Leaving an inaccessible workspace as a cruft database entry somewhere, just feels messy and sub-optimal.

14 Likes

Yeah. There are a lot of touchy subjects. After that 50M injection they took, the features skyrocketed. But so did the bugs and the unsolicited, in-product advertising. I’m already paying $37 USD/mo for a three person team just because that’s the lowest plan available. Now I have to deal with the click-bait buttons when I am only looking for a logical setting or feature.

I’ve seen this so many times. I really hope Asana pulls through because I really like the product overall. But making the jump from here to aiming at Excel et.al. (which is what I assume they’re doing?) probably won’t happen without a sturdy product in the 2020-2022 economy.

Thanks for letting me vent lol.

4 Likes

I can’t leave my workspace, because it says I’m the billing owner. Is there a way for me to not be a billing owner?

5 Likes

if a workspace falls in the woods and no one hears it…

4 Likes

Same problem! Its such a simple thing. Why cant we just delete it

4 Likes

Little be annoying, but the solution is easy, go to the workspace you wish to leave, click on your profile, them click more, and them remove me from this workspace. Is impossible to archive the workspace, so, the workspace once created, always will be there, don’t ask me why:)

1 Like

Not if you are the billing owner of the workspace. At the moment you are stuck with a hanging workspace forever.

4 Likes

Crickets from Marie. If you’re the only member (billing owner) good luck leaving workspaces. Asana is at the same time both a world class piece of software for teams and a half-finished product.

1 Like

Welcome, @John_Xie,

@Marie’s earlier answer in this thread is the solution: Email support@asana.com:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like