How do I add members properly?

I’ve added some members and they have been added as guests, but I need to add them as Admins. I’m still on the free trial if that makes a difference but plan to pay for the premium plan when it’s over.

Welcome, @CreativeNorthMedia,

You can make Members be Admins in an Asana Organization with a paid plan like Premium.

If your users are Guests it means their Asana email logins don’t share the Organization’s domain; they must login with an email with the domain of the Org in order to be a Member, which would enable them to be made into Admins.

Hope that helps,

Larry

I can see why that is the case for security reasons, though I can also see where I need to add Members and Admins from outside my organization… working with contractors and clients and various different partnerships I often need to hand over some kind of Admin access or at least give Member status to certain stakeholders.

This means I need to give them a company email, which costs more money and increases onboarding burden. Not great.

1 Like

I agree; you should vote for this:

Larry

2 Likes

Hi, I took over a business about 2 years ago. I am looking to use Asana more. My team and I are all guests in the current set up. However, this set up has all our historical data (more than 10 years of work). I need help to change the domain, add the team members properly and begin to set up workflows and roles within delivery teams.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Dotun_Ayodele👋

If you aren‘t the person who set up Asana for the company you took over and you also don‘t have admin access then I recommend reaching out to support and they should definitely be able to help.