How can I create a requestor dashboard using a dynamic “Current User” filter?

I’m creating an Asset Request workflow using an Asana Form, where each submission creates a task for the requestor.

I want to create a dashboard where each user can see only their own asset requests and request count. Is there a way to apply a dynamic “Current User” filter so the same dashboard automatically shows data based on the logged-in user?

Hi @Anurag_Singh, welcome!

Unfortunately No, Asana doesn’t currently offer a dynamic “Current User” dashboard filter. Users can instead view their own requests via My Tasks (if they set up a dashboard) in My Tasks. There are a few workarounds I can think of but this depends on the scale of users you have.

It may be worth voting here Add the "Dynamic (Me)" filter as an option in Dashboards

@Anurag_Singh,

When say “requester dashboard” do you literally mean the Dashboard tab that only shows charts? I think that’s what @Rebecca_Hassett was answering in response to, but if you weren’t already aware, I think you can accomplish the underlying need in your request if you meant a more loose definition of “requester dashboard.”

In that case…

  • Click the Board tab (possibly twice) and a menu appears. Click Make a copy.
  • Name the new tab “Board: Me”.
  • Optionally click “Board: Me” until a menu appears and click Save as default.
  • Click Filter near the top-right, then Just my tasks, then Save view at the top far right.

Each requester can see only their requests and the count.

Thanks,

Larry