Asana Dashboard - global filters needed

I searched the forum, but I was unable to find an answer. My dashboards usually max out the number of charts (20). The nature of our work requires several filters within the dashboard to accurately represent our projects. Currently if there’s a change that impacts the dashboard, I have to go through each of the 20 charts and update the filters. I’m curious if there is anything in the Asana dev roadmap to allow for a global dashboard filter. That way, I could change the filter once instead of 20 times. Perhaps there’s a feature that I’m unaware of? I’m open to suggestions.

4 Likes

Seconding this request.

To add my example use case here: I want to create a dashboard with various task charts for projects owned by a certain person. I’d like to be able to change that person value so all project owners can look at that same report but filter dynamically for themselves without having to change every chart.

I know they could either put their projects into a portfolio or duplicate the dashboard, but adding to a portfolio is going to be incredibly cumbersome given our volume and duplicating the dashboard makes publishing structural updates to the dashboard impractical.

2 Likes

yes please - this is such an important capability for building useful dashboards!

2 Likes

I can’t upvote this enough!

I am wondering if there is any enhancement coming to have an overarching filter for dashboards within portfolios and projects? I am often filtering by a fiscal quarter and currently have to select each report to filter by date. It’d be nice if I could just filter at a high-level and all reports automatically respond.

Thanks!

1 Like

@AmyPeters - I’ve merged your post with feedback thread about this topic. Please consider voting for it using the purple button near the title. I don’t think there are any updates yet from Asana, but hopefully this is something they’ll develop in the near future.

1 Like

@AmyPeters - I agree with this wholeheartedly and have added my vote!

When creating a reporting dashboard, it would be great to be able to set up dashboard-level filters that would automatically apply to all charts added to the dashboard.

For example, if I want to create a reporting dashboard that relates to incomplete tasks due between 1/1/25 and 1/1/26, it would be great to be able to set up those two filters for the dashboard as a whole *rather * than having to manually add them both to each chart that I create for the dashboard.

This feature (which is available with tools like Google Data Studio) would dramatically streamline the process of creating a reporting dashboard, especially if you’re duplicating a previously created dashboard and then just tweaking the master filter settings (e.g., changing the date range).

@Matt_Tully - I merged your post (and the votes) with an existing request on this topic. Agree 100% that this would make dashboards significantly more useable.

1 Like