šŸ”„ Hottest feature requests and their workarounds

@Bastien_Siebman Bonjour Bastien, What a great list! How about adding this one which I found, to my dismay, just today:

CSV exports are truncated at 2000 rows with no warning and no explanation. Those of us who depend on exporting to Excel for our data analysis at least deserve to know this is happening - a notification, something! Obviously the workaround is to break your export down into smaller pieces, though this is a) lame and b) time-consuming.

1 Like
  • I have added a workaround 17.2 for the public project
  • included the CSV truncate feature with 2 workarounds
  • added W10.4 & W10.5 on the multi select custom field
  • added F19 for Asana as a wiki
1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman I was thinking of generating them via Google sheets, with their sub-task using the Asana Batch API, have you come across that?

I never used the Batch API, @Phil_Seeman maybe has some insights.

I havenā€™t actually used the Batch API, either - itā€™s on my (very long) to-do list to play around with it.

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™d like to suggest adding a completed date. We have a due date field, but no ā€œcompleted dateā€ field. Thanks!

Thanks Olivia, as I said in the intro post, this is not really the thread to ask for product updates, but only to talk about the workarounds :slight_smile: :hugs:

@Bastien_Siebman - Thanks for this wonderful ā€˜cheat sheet.ā€™ For my client this (W4.1) seemed the best solution, however we discovered we need to leave at least one task incomplete, otherwise Asana wonā€™t ask/enable us to update the individual task due dates.

Youā€™re welcome!

That sentence does not make any sense to meā€¦ Can you message me in private with more details? Thanks!

Thanks @lpb for the idea, I added W1.3 ā†’ use subtasks as a workaround for multi-assignees

1 Like

Bastien, I hope I didnā€™t overlook this aboveā€¦ Closing/Completing a Section (and thus removing it from an Incomplete Tasks view, while maintaining the Section in its project context).

Workarounds: Archive a Section in a Project

Just to be clear @Stephanie_Oberg you suggest I add this one to the list? Good idea!

Yes, please add it if you donā€™t mind.

This list is brilliant, itā€™s the secret missing manual for Asana.

2 Likes

Any specific workaround from the thread @Stephanie_Oberg ? I donā€™t feel like reading 105 messages ^^ :sweat_smile:

Actually I was hoping to see the results of your analysis and discretion in choosing the best of the bunch. :laughing:

But, I will see if I can get to that later today.

When I shift a deadline for a parent task, I then need to adjust the subtasks accordingly.

It would save me a ton of time if when a Parent Task due date is changed, that all Subtasks are adjusted accordingly. Thank you!

2 Likes

@MostLikley I donā€™t really have a workaround for you!

@MostLikley - FYI the ā€œTreat subtasks as dependentsā€ option of our Flowsana integrationā€™s Auto-Adjust Workflow will do this.

This is awesome! Thanks!

For :hammer: F4. Template tasks should not show up in My Tasks, what about setting due dates in the template in 2050 so you only have to put them to Later once?