Have you redeemed your nonprofit discount yet?

It’s only been a few months since the launch of the Asana for Nonprofits program and we’re already thrilled with the number of nonprofits that have chosen Asana to help them do more good in their communities! :handshake:

As our program continues to grow, we wanted to be make sure we saved a space in the forum with instructions to guide folks on how to redeem their 50% off discount.

Remember, in order qualify for this program, eligible organizations must apply for a discount code through our partner, Techsoup then take a few quick steps to apply redeem your discount.

Once you’ve been approved by Techsoup’s team, they will send out an email titled “Your Asana Request #XXX Through TechSoup”. This message contains your Asana discount code as well as the instructions for you to activate 50% off the annual premium or business plan of your choice!

To help streamline this process, I’ve provided the instructions for you below,to help you apply our discount code to your Asana account, if you haven’t done so already.

If You Do Not Already Have an Asana Account

1. Go to the Asana signup page.
  2. Enter your work email address and click Sign up.
    Asana sends you a verification email.
  3. Click the link in the email.
    You are taken to a welcome page.
  4. Agree to the terms of service and privacy policy and click Continue.
  5. Name your first team and click Continue.
  6. Enter at least one email address for a team member and click Continue.
    Your Asana home page appears.
  7. Click this link: upgrade your Asana account.
  • You must use this specific link to upgrade your account.
  • The default setting is Asana Premium, 5 seats.
  1. If you want to change the plan or the number of seats, click Change plan. Keep the Annual setting.
  2. Supply your payment and billing information. In the Discount Code field at the bottom, enter the coupon code from above in this email and click Apply Code.
    The amount due in the Billing section at the top is reduced by 50 percent.
  3. Click Upgrade.

If You Have an Asana Free Trial Account or a Paid Account

Send an email to support+impact@asana.com and include

• The coupon code from above in this email
  • The Asana plan type you want to purchase: Annual Premium or Annual Business
  • The number of seats you want to purchase: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 (or further increments to a maximum of 1,000)
  • The name of the organization, team, or workspace you want to upgrade
  • The name and email address of the billing owner for your Asana subscription

If you’re still running into trouble or have any other questions pertaining to the Asana for Nonprofits program, please reach out to our customer support team; we’re here to help!

5 Likes

Can you make this available for Canada too? I have spoken to both TechSoups (CA & US) but they are unable to help your Canadian customers.

2 Likes

We hope to have good news for you soon @Michael_Persaud.
Our team is working hard to make this happen! :muscle:

4 Likes

Same for us in the :uk: uk! I’ve been in touch with tech trust and they say nothing in UK yet… !??

1 Like

Hi @Niky_Dix :wave:
Stay tuned, we hope to have good news for our friends in the UK soon too!

1 Like

Thanks Michael.

1 Like

But why would I have to cancel my account just to start my new one? This makes no sense, I don’t want to lose my data. If you cancel the account just to create a nonprofit account. Why is this a good use of customer support and a good process? This is what I was told. Why can’t you just take my code, apply it and I pay the rest for my premium account? I need to talk to someone asap.

3 Likes

What happens if our subscription just renewed? Is it still possible to apply the discount if we purchased it?

1 Like

Hey @Nancy_Lazo
This is no problem at all! Just reach out to our user operations team team with the discount code Techsoup provides once you’ve been approved, and our team would be happy to assist you in this process. If you renewed a monthly plan, we would credit the pro-rated time left toward the cost of your new annual plan (at 50% off).

Hope this helps Nancy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, we’re looking into PM platforms right now and evaluating Asana. I’m trying to work out the pricing for NPOs and would appreciate help with this.

The TechSoup terms read, “This offer provides access to a 50 percent discount on a one-year subscription to either Asana Premium or Asana Business for one team at Asana’s current rates.”

Does this mean the whole organization has to be in one Asana team?

Hi @Larry_Rose,

Great question! The short answer is no- your entire organization does not need to be on one team. Your premium/business plan can be applied to either:

1. A single team;
  2. A division (consisting of more than one team, covered by a single paying plan) or;
  3. Your whole organization

At minimum you will need to apply the the nonprofit discount to at least one team, which is what this sentence is referring to.

Hope this clarifies things a bit more!

Thanks for the clarification @Michael_A!

1 Like

@Michael_A
Thank you for making the discount accessible to nonprofits, I wish other developers would follow this model. My issue is, I submitted a request to apply the discount code to support and sales over a week ago and have not gotten a single response. What is your typical SLA for paying customers for support? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Boston,

Apologies for any disconnect here. Our team responds to requests in the order that they were received. If you followed up your initial request with additional emails to escalate your request, this unfortunately results in unintentionally resetting your place in our support queue. We recommend waiting till our team gets in touch with you before following up your initial message.

That said, hopefully this has been resolved by now :crossed_fingers:

Good Day,

Can anyone tell me, i have purchased 10 seats for non profit org, do i load each member separately on their machines or do i open access from owner side?

Another question: if i purchased premium seats and i need 1 business seat, is there anyway to load a business seat as Asana said you cant have both.

Thanks so much

Hi @anon7260428
Answering your questions in bullet form to keep my thoughts organized.

1. If you purchased a 10 member plan, to “load members” into your space, invite them via their organization email. Once they register, they will gain access to your space and count under your plan.

2. There is nuance needed to appropriate address this question. If you have a plan that covers the whole Asana organization then you are unable to purchase a business plan for 2 persons(our smallest plan). If, however, you have purchased an Asana plan that covers a single team or a division (w/more than one team), you can purchase a separate business plan only if it covers another/different team.

If you have additional questions, I recommend getting in touch with our support team via support@asana.com

Till then, I hope this helps!

Hi:
I would like to know if I use th 50% discount for my NGO with only 2 member. Techsoup said is for 5 minimum.
Hope is available for 2. Thanks