Guests using Custom Fields in the Advanced Search tool.

I just discovered that if a guest uses the advance search tool on a Premium or Business account they cant use any custom field to search for. This is somewhat limiting due to the fact that we want to use a time estimate for workload but the guests can’t do a search for tasks they are assigned to where the Custom Field “Time Estimate” has no value.

The workaround I found is that a normal member setup the advance search and then share the search link with the guest. The guest then have access to the custom field and can save the search as a report.

Hi @Paul_Grobler, taking the time to share your feedback with us and also a workaround for this feature!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible for Guests to create, edit or delete Custom Fields or search for them using the Advanced Search tool. They will only be able to input or edit the values of existing Custom Fields. We currently don’t have any plans to change this feature but I’ll keep you updated if I have any news!

Thanks again for your feedback and let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Nice workaround :sweat_smile:

1 Like

HAs there been any change to this policy? We have a large platform and lots of guest users. The idea that they can’t search/find certain things that are tagged in a custom field is nuts to me. Why are they limited this way and WHY is this not better explained on the page that explains the limitations of guest users? We have an Enterprise account.

• Hopeful for any good news,
    Robin