Guests removed from a Project still have access

We use a lot of freelancers and add one into each project as a Guest. Sometimes we decided to assign the project to another freelancer so I remove the first and add in the new one. It appears that the old freelancer still retains full access even though I removed access (using the same menu I used to add them) am I doing this incorrectly? They are no longer shown in the job but can still post links and view everything in there.

1 Like

Hi @Clare_Shepstone, thanks for reaching out! Can you confirm if the Guest is member of the Team? You can confirm this by accessing the Members tab in your Team Settings. If the Guest is part of your Team and the project is public to the Team, for this reason they still have access to the public project.

You can learn more about what Guests can access in your Organization in this article.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Emily, I have been deleting the Guest from the specific project but they still appear in Team Settings under ‘Members with access to specific projects’. Is this why they can still access the project?

I think so, @Clare_Shepstone! If the projects are public and they are Team Members, they still can access the public projects. In order to see more details, I recommend you contacting our Support Team and share the Team URL, Project URL and name of the Guest who still can access the projects.

You can contact them following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉