Goals progress tracking based on both projects task and milestone completion

My team uses the Goals in Asana to report on our OKRs. The progress of an Objective is automatically tracked based on the connected projects (which act as our key results). For now, we have the measurement set to milestone completion, but there are team members that prefer the task completion, within the same Objective.

At the moment, I believe there is no option that, within the same Goal, some projects contribute to the progress with milestone completion and some with task completion. Can someone correct me if I am wrong? Or is this something that will be launched in the future?

Looking forward to your answers :smile:

Hi @Maria_Barac ,

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t think you can, as you are forced to choose.

Isn’t this an excellent chance to start the conversation about how the team is measuring progress?

• Why are we measuring progress in different ways?
  • Why does colleague A prefer milestones?
  • Why does colleague B prefer tasks?
  • How does not completing tasks or milestones reflect in the progress?
  • Do we think this paints a fair picture?

I’d personally prefer the team being forced to make a choice on how to measure progress than to mix different ways of measuring.

I could tell you which one I’d pick, just as you could voice a preference, but that would defeat the point. :wink:

For now I’m assuming this resolves your question and I’m marking this as the solution.

If you still feel this is needed functionality let me know, then I’ll move this topic to Product Feedback so that people can vote for it.

1 Like

Hi @Maria_Barac, to add to @Jan-Rienk’s sound advice, just in case it’s not clear, when the progress is set to measure the number of tasks completed, it will also include the number of completed Milestones. The other option will count ONLY completed Milestones.

1 Like