Global task creation doesn't work when Stage Manager is enabled (MacOS)

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

When using Stage Manager, the global keyboard shortcut to create a task (⌘⇧+) does not produce the desired effect. Focus is pulled from the active window, but the Asana task creation window opens on top of Asana rather than on top of the active window.

Compare this to how other “global” keyboard shortcuts work (Spotlight, Raycast, 1Password Quick Access, Todoist Quick Add, etc.) where the window appears on top of the active window.

Expected behavior: When using the global keyboard shortcut, the Asana task creation window opens on top of the active app, regardless of ‘stage’. It would behave exactly as Spotlight, Raycast, Todoist Quick Add, etc.

Steps to reproduce:

1. On MacOS, enable Stage Manager.
  2. Open Asana in a ‘stage’.
  3. Open any other app in a separate ‘stage’.
  4. Make the non-Asana app active.
  5. Use the global keyboard shortcut to create a task (⌘⇧+)

Desktop version:

Asana Desktop App for MacOS, Version 1.13.0 (1.13.0)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?

Business

Upload screenshots below:

If Asana is open in a ‘stage’ by itself, it will become the active app, pulling focus from whatever app is currently open, as shown in the GIF below:

CleanShot 2023-05-10 at 16.13.42

If Asana is open in a ‘stage’ with another app, focus will be pulled from the active app, but Asana will not become the active app, as shown in the GIF below:

CleanShot 2023-05-10 at 16.16.37

Notice that what happens in the latter GIF (showing behavior when Asana is open in a ‘stage’ with another app) is that the Asana task creation window does open, but it’s always inactive—behind the active Asana window. When you use Mission Control, you can see all the task creation windows that were opened as I used the global keyboard shortcut… but none of these were ever “in focus”.

Hi @Jacob17 sorry for the delay, and welcome to our Community! I’ve escalated this report to our developers and once I have any updates I’ll get back to you!

Hi @Jacob17, our Developers have confirmed that they are aware of this issue. Although they don’t have an ETA to share yet, I’ll be notified once there’s any update to get back to you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!