Flowsana: workflow automation for your Asana projects

Okay, thank you for the quick reply. I assume Zapier can’t solve this either?

Are you always putting these new form submissions under the same existing task in all cases, or different ones depending on some condition(s)?

could you walk me through this process.

I’m trying to create a form that would have three subtasks:

First, fill out basic project/ticket descriptions field for social media post.

Then, three sub-tasks sections:

1. social copy review - multiple fields about this request
  2. review of copy in graphic - if checked, multiple fields about this request, and it’s own subtask
  3. request for design asset - if checked, multiple fields about this request, and it’s own subtask

Basically, I’m seeing if we can avoid the scenario where the form triggers 3 sub-tasks that need to get filled out after the form is completed (that is, the subtasks appears blank and need to filled in after the form is completed).

Hi @anon1358658,

I sent you a PM regarding your question.

@Phil_Seeman loving Flowsana! Was wondering if this feature (using boolean operators in rules) was ever rolled out or will be in the near future? Trying to create rule where if a task is moved to a specific column AND a specific custom field has a value of X, then reassign the task to a specific person. Doesn’t look like that’s possible?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Not rolled out yet, it’s currently in development as part of a larger redesign of the Flowsana web portal. No release date to share yet, sorry.

Will triggers be supported in the App Components in the future? It would be extremely helpful.

I know it’s something the Asana API team would ideally like to be able to support in the future, but it’s pretty complex and I’m not sure if and when they might tackle it.

Hello there,
I have been trying to contact flowsana for the last several days without any luck. All I am trying to do is:
#1 - understand how to setup rules in asana (using flowsana) so that subtasks that are added with rules have relative due date based on task’s due date and not on task’s creation date
#2 - understand if there is a way to create repetitive tasks in asana as in google calendar, so that we can use asana’s calendar view as an actual calendar. Right now I can’t create a task for every monday at 7pm and view it as such on the calendar view.

Can someone please help me understand how to learn more about flowsana integrations (I read the FAQs) and how to contact flowsana for support.

Thank you!

@Maria_Ivanova,

For your first question, I think you should email support@flowsana.net (/cc @Phil_Seeman).

For your second question, Asana only shows the next recurrence of repeating tasks so to do this in Asana itself you’d have to create each recurrence separately. But @Bastien_Siebman offers a third-party tool iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations to accomplish what you’re asking.

Larry

2 Likes

Hi @Maria_Ivanova,

We’re a small team at Flowsana and it can sometimes take up to 48 hours to hear back on a new support ticket. You should definitely be hearing back from us in the next 12 hours or less.

2 Likes

thank you! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Is it possible to use the Rules engine to perform a calculation and place the result in another field?

Hi @Matt_Crandall,

Flowsana doesn’t currently have any calculation capability like that, sorry.

Hi @Phil_Seeman Any plans to add ‘add collaborator’ as a resulting action for rules? Hoping to do something along the lines of:

When person A is assigned approval, add person B as collaborator
When custom field/tag is assigned, add specific collaborator

LOVE THIS IDEA!!

It’s on our possible-features list. I’ll note your (and @Fiona_Campbell’s) interest!

2 Likes

Flowsana Updates!

• New Feedback Portal and Product Roadmap
  • Billing Email Notification Updates
    • An organization’s subscribing user will now get an email when a new user joins their subscription
    • Optional “Billable User Change Notification” emails can now be set up

New Feedback Portal and Product Roadmap

We are excited to announce that we have a new feedback portal. You can submit ideas for new enhancements/updates, and vote on your favorite ones. The portal also includes a product roadmap to keep you up to date on enhancement updates. Your feedback is important to us, and we will be using your input and ideas to guide future product development!

As an existing Flowsana user, simply log in to your account on the Flowsana web portal and click the Feedback tab in the main menu.

If you do not have a Flowsana login yet, you can still access the platform here, but your access will be limited.

Please note that we are still in the process of building out the product roadmap, and will be using the user feedback we get from the new portal to help guide us.

Submit your enhancement ideas and vote on your favorites!

Billing Email Notification Updates

An organization’s subscribing user will now get an email when a new user joins their subscription

All Flowsana accounts whose login email is from the same email domain are automatically linked together for centralized billing purposes, so that you only need one person (i.e. account) to enter credit card information and start a Flowsana subscription. All other linked users automatically work off of that subscription.

In the past, you could find all linked accounts at the bottom of your Flowsana web portal’s My Account tab. Now, in addition to that, the subscribing user will also get an email notification when a new Flowsana user auto-links and joins their subscription. The email will specify the new user’s email, and you can always ask us to remove them from your organization if it’s not appropriate for you to pay for them.

Optional “Billable User Change Notification” emails can now be set up

We’ve heard from many of you that you’d like to be notified if your Billable User count increases. This is now possible!

In your Flowsana web portal’s My Account tab, scroll down to Billable User Change Notifications and check the box to send notifications when Billable Users increase by your chosen amount. It defaults to a 15% increase. If you want an email notification upon any increase, type 0%. You can also specify the email address where you want Flowsana to send the notification.

1 Like

Flowsana Update: Support for Multi-select, People, Date custom fields

I’m happy to announce that Flowsana’s rules now support triggers and actions involving multi-select, people, and date custom field types.

Multi-select and People fields

For trigger conditions, this means you can trigger a rule based on the values in a Multi-select or People field; for example:

Note that unlike Asana’s rule trigger, in Flowsana you have the option to run a rule based on ONLY a certain set of values being set:

For rule actions, you can have a rule set a Multi-value or People field to a certain set of options or add options to any existing ones. Note that unlike Asana’s rule action, you can also REMOVE certain options:

Date fields

With Flowsana, you can now trigger rules based on date custom fields, and you can set a date field - even relative to any other date field!

For triggers, you can run a rule based on a relative date of any date-type custom field. This works the same as triggers on the built-in start date and due date fields. For example:

Note that just like for start and due date, Flowsana will trigger a date-based rule both immediately if a custom date changes, and also at midnight each day if appropriate.

For date actions, we’ve actually created a whole new rule action called Set a date field to…

This action lets you set the date of an Asana date field - either its due date or any custom date - relative to any other date field! Here are a few examples:

and

(Note: the features mentioned here are currently available only when building rules in the Flowsana web portal, because the Asana rule builder doesn’t provide support for external apps to utilize multi-select and people fields. We are hoping this will change in the future!)

5 Likes

Bravo! Great, thorough implementation!!

Larry

1 Like