Hi , I don’t know if this helps, but I found a Chrome extension, which works without a problem …
Sorry guys it didn´t work, and I can’t delete my first reply.
When one change affects many templates, or many instances within a template, it will be more efficient to update the template(s) using a search-and-replace function. A S&R feature across templates would be useful, too. Would reduce template editing time significantly.
Did you search for “search and replace” in the forum search bar? There are several hits.
now i did. didn’t realize this has been requested since 2016. wow.
This would be an amazingly helpful function within Asana.
Please join Find and Replace feature instead of re-posting an existing topic
Any update on if this might be in the works?! Would be so so helpful as all have mentioned. Thank you!
Asana does not share its roadmap, and you haven’t missed any announcement: we don’t know if this is on the roadmap, however we know Asana is reading the forum and considering all requests regularly.
Looking forward to the find and replace’ feature! Hope we have any updates for the Asana Dev Team.
I almost have a tool ready for this. I know you all hope a native solution, but maybe that will help with the wait.
@Bastien_Siebman any updates on your tool?
Still not ready, my dev colleague should work on it soon.
Any updates on this much needed feature??
FireFox extension WORKS!
Yes - I use Chrome, but I used Firefox to make the Find & Replace text feature
It replaces everything on 1 page and then you need to open sub-tasks to replace further
It will also be a challenge to replace down the floating line because the whole project would not be loaded…
I created a tool to find a pattern and replace it with a given text in a project.
I can improve the tool to look within the entire account if necessary.
@Marie - Please update us on the progress of this feature request! It’s been requested for the past six years! Find & Replace functions are one of the most basic of office productivity functions for over 30 years.
Our organization uses (and re-uses) templates extensively. When updating templates or projects created from those templates, it is unproductive and inefficient to manually update multiple instances of terms. This is especially true in templates containing more than 10 tasks and multiple sections.
Hello @Adam_Caruso, and thanks for sharing your use case with us. I’m afraid I don’t have an update now, but I’ll circle back on this thread as soon as I do!
It’ll really be a BIG help. Thanks! ^^